Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:43 am

Re: Out Of Character

sully wrote:I'm still unclear on Thick-Neck's status. Can we coup de grace him easily or is it going to be another fight if we try to kill him and he's recovered six HP?
Thick-Neck is presently subdued and no danger.
He will remain incap until the conclusion of the next exploration turn (whenever that may be), at which point he will be considered rested unless the players have taken specific pains to ensure he remains unrested. So long as he remains incap he can be slain without risk; however he can't actually do anything useful in this state, and doubtless will resent any such poor treatment...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:37 am

Hey team, sorry for the slow pace recently; I'm absurdly busy in real life right now. One more interstate trip to get past this coming weekend...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by coffee » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:09 pm

I had thought about bringing Thick-Neck back to the camp, but I hadn't thought about a bounty. I was going to suggest they 'volunteer' him for their army.

But a bounty sounds nice...
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Eris » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:31 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Hey team, sorry for the slow pace recently; I'm absurdly busy in real life right now. One more interstate trip to get past this coming weekend...
Ways, I've been dealing with computer and internet issues the last few days. So I'm having difficulty working on my new character and reading/posting on the forum. You going slow right now is just fine with me!

Eris
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:38 pm

Since we have a little time to chat about it, should we discuss the pros and cons of returning to camp vs. pressing on?

Even if the party goes back to camp, Boggs would propose a small group (including him of course) remains here at the ridge to spy on enemy movements and activities.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by sully » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't think we want to keep Thick-Neck with us for any extended period of time. We should head back and get him off our hands.

Also, I won't stop anyone from staying and spying but the guys that got away are going to report this and someone may show up to check things out. Whoever stays should be very well concealed and have multiple escape routes planned.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mushgnome » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:04 pm

Crap, I had forgotten we let some of them get away. :(
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:33 pm

mushgnome wrote:Crap, I had forgotten we let some of them get away. :(
Leudigar didn't let them; he just couldn't stop them. :D

If I remember WOTE's initial post of the encounter, though, they were just lackeys or pages or some such thing. And they fled pretty quickly, so they don't strike me (or Leudigar) as the courageous type who'd want to come back with more, set on revenge.

But still, leaving a few people here might not be a bad idea. They could secret themselves in the area with the staircase. Or they could use the camouflage that Thickneck and his crew were using to stay hidden.

Leudigar should probably be in the party to return to camp, though, since he'd have the best chance of getting everyone back to camp without getting lost AND of returning in a timely manner.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Hmm, it looks like the rules state that subdued monsters can be sold. In the case of Thick-Neck, it seems likely you'd "sell him off" to someone who is more able to randsom him back to his Lord or peers. It would be a "finder's fee" type arrangement. So, from that perspective, Thick-Neck is in fact "treasure" ;)

Post by coffee » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:16 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Hmm, it looks like the rules state that subdued monsters can be sold. In the case of Thick-Neck, it seems likely you'd "sell him off" to someone who is more able to randsom him back to his Lord or peers. It would be a "finder's fee" type arrangement. So, from that perspective, Thick-Neck is in fact "treasure" ;)
Yeah, once you said "subdued" that's what I thought. Karl isn't going to sell a fellow human being (not being a slavery kind of guy), but turning him in for bounty or what have you is right up his alley.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”