Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:18 am

Re: Out Of Character

I'm all for that also... I need to pick up some XP.. I should be able to hit 3rd in M-U and 2nd in Fighter with a decent side trip.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:14 am

danhem wrote:Going after the ancient weapons sounds appealing, but time is of the essence.
mgtremaine wrote:Wen would say to Ulric "Time is a funny thing to Elves"
Perhaps send Wen off to talk to the spirits while Ulric gazes into the crystal ball for a day or two :D
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Olroda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:34 am

There is strength in numbers. I say it is better if we stick together and go after one objective at a time. My vote goes to hitting their (hopefully) unprotected lairs, then head back to the elves for supplies and intelligence, and when we got the 'lay of the land', we mount an expedition to Ket to rescue the nuns and Olaf's lost health. If we are lucky, our raiding will cause adversity for the goblins in the city, and it might be easier getting in, then.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 am

Gentlemen,

I've completed the changes to the PCs spreadsheet, published it, and the changes have now flowed thru to the vital stats page. Epic effort!

I believe all the games stats are correct (I'll post an update about the remaining house rules shortly), but meanwhile... let me know if you spot anything that looks dubious .

FYI -- the hit-points I've listed are just the average for your number of hit dice. I'll re-roll your genuine hit points when you set out.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Woo hoo, double-digit hit points! :)

Question for Mr. DM: How many days of quiet study does Highbough need to assimilate his spellbook for the new Warlock class? (Or does it happen instantaneously "off screen" since the changes to the spell list were a DM-initiated house-rules conversion?)

If he doesn't need to study spells, that frees him up to research the golem maker's journal. In particular he is curious if maybe there was an incident where the golem got out of control, so the maker built in some kind of emergency override or failsafe mechanism...
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:06 pm

I am assuming that meeting the Forest Spirits is NOT a test of arms but rather talking and hoping fora good reaction roll. If Highbough wants to go and doesn't feel the need to use the time in some other way that's fine. I think Josiane would be good to take also, high CHR and she has the Hoot. Beyond that we should keep it small and fast.

Most critical of all things is getting Ulric time to unlock the crystal ball.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Let's continue to gather information before we make a decision. We can talk to the spirits while we wait for Ulric to figure out the crystal ball.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mushgnome » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Highbough certainly has competing priorities (spell research, unlocking the mysteries of the golem maker's journal, etc.) however I volunteered him for the Wood Spirit meeting because he is uniquely qualified to bargain with darker-type spirits in their native Infernal tongue.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by verhaden » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:47 pm

If Torben has 4,244 experience points, wouldn't that have pushed him into 3rd level?

Post by sully » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 pm

doctorx wrote:I have spent much time contemplating the Theraic Staff and I believe its powers will respond to my command."

She smiles a beatific smile.

"I believe Mondes' curse can be lifted! Desmond can be dispelled!" :D
Do tell...

*grabs drink and popcorn, settles in to watch the drama unfold*
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Return to “Hinterlands”