Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Eris » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Out Of Character

doctorx wrote:
Eris wrote: maybe Jos pees holy water. :)
:o :oops: :x

Whatever did she see in him..?

( :D )
Well, she is "The Saint!" after all! ;)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 pm

mgtremaine wrote:Plans for War:
3) More crowd control magic? Not sure if the spell lists are going to get updated but if they do not it might be a good idea for Ulric to teach Highbough and Wen "Sleep". That might help with crowd control if cast at distance into a large group.
'Tis a good plan, but I should point out that...

1) Ulric is neutral, and wouldn't be wanting to give away his secrets for nothing!
2) Highbough is a warlock, and warlocks cannot use enchantment-type spells (including sleep),
3) Once we sort out all the machinations of the 2014 rules revamp, Wen will likely discover that the sleep spell is already contained in his book of 1st level spells. He may need to spend a turn using read magic to solve it, but that should be easily done.

:)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Good to know! Of course that means I probably lose my Dancing Lights, I was having fun with that. But then here comes Color Spray! yay
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:50 pm

ehiker133 wrote:So, just to be safe, we should upgrade. :)
Yes :D

The very first step along the upgrade path would be to acquire some silvered blades. I believe Armando has already taken the initiative in this direction. The larger issue here is your general lack of disposable cash...

This game has been much more miserly in the coin department than I ever imagined! A few stashes have been missed, sacks of silver dropped into a ravine, 800 sp (I think) paid for lease of the Manse, and 1,000 sp left with the Sisters of Mercy.... it's been a struggle just to keep in supplies!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:52 pm

mgtremaine wrote:Good to know! Of course that means I probably lose my Dancing Lights, I was having fun with that. But then here comes Color Spray! yay
You won't loose any spells--any "non-standard" spells will be added as spells of your own invention.

Post by mushgnome » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
mgtremaine wrote:Plans for War:
3) More crowd control magic? Not sure if the spell lists are going to get updated but if they do not it might be a good idea for Ulric to teach Highbough and Wen "Sleep". That might help with crowd control if cast at distance into a large group.
'Tis a good plan, but I should point out that...

1) Ulric is neutral, and wouldn't be wanting to give away his secrets for nothing!
2) Highbough is a warlock, and warlocks cannot use enchantment-type spells (including sleep),
3) Once we sort out all the machinations of the 2014 rules revamp, Wen will likely discover that the sleep spell is already contained in his book of 1st level spells. He may need to spend a turn using read magic to solve it, but that should be easily done.

:)
Why does Highbough need "Sleep" when he can cast "Force Choke"? :P
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:16 am

Or PUTREFY Food and Drink that will be loads fun after a long days trek.. :p
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 am

mgtremaine wrote:Or PUTREFY Food and Drink that will be loads fun after a long days trek.. :p
Certainly very useful for causing a massive dysentery outbreak in the enemy camp!

Post by mushgnome » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:25 am

mgtremaine wrote:Or PUTREFY Food and Drink that will be loads fun after a long days trek.. :p
Maybe if you cast it on warg meat that is already spoiled, it will cancel out and make it edible??

It is funny you mention that spell. When I saw the new Warlock spell list, I immediately had a mental image of Invisible Highbough creeping into the goblin encampment, spoiling all their food and drink, and dropping the CAUSE Disease bomb, phase 1 of his psychological warfare campaign to sap the goblins' strength and break their spirit. How very Grinch-like!

I hope he survives long enough to learn Baleful Polymorph; he could have a lot of fun with that spell...
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by danhem » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
mgtremaine wrote: 1) Ulric is neutral, and wouldn't be wanting to give away his secrets for nothing!
You've got that right. Hands and eyes off of the books if you know whats good for you!

:D

Return to “Hinterlands”