Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Re: Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:Just another day in the Hinterlands...
And just how you intended your game to go, I'm sure, WOTE. ;)

(Not that one can ever really INTEND for a sandbox game to go a certain way, but... one generally has ideas.)
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Now that we might actually have hit a qusi-town do we have treasure list that needs dividing? Or do we need to go back and make a tally?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:08 pm

mgtremaine wrote:Now that we might actually have hit a qusi-town do we have treasure list that needs dividing? Or do we need to go back and make a tally?

Possibly need to make a tally. Something I don't look forward to.

I'll check and see if Desmond has anything added to his character sheet...

EDIT: I have a few knives I picked up from the nest of the floating thing with the beak. I think Desmond still has the silver bowl from the chapel, as well.

I believe Wen picked up most of the coinage from the floating beak thing's nest...

Dorgan's stone seemed to indicate there was a large cache of gold somewhere in the lower levels. If I wasn't so drawn to try and kill a bunch of wargs and goblins, I'd suggest provisioning up and going back to the abbey and doing a thorough examination of it.
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by danhem » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:52 am

Dorgan unties the sack captured from the nuns' reliquary and takes a peek inside, and is heartened by the glamour of mixed silver and gold coins within.

Well it turns out that sack Ulric has been going on about was full of silver and gold. But no peppermint.

Other than that I think we just had the various relics (bowl, staff, book, crystal ball, cups and plates) and the strongbox that we have yet to open.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:08 am

ehiker133 wrote:And just how you intended your game to go, I'm sure, WOTE. ;)

(Not that one can ever really INTEND for a sandbox game to go a certain way, but... one generally has ideas.)
I gave up on "intending" anything a long while back--it's all just "as it happens" stuff.

E.g., the goblin army at Ket came out of a wilderness encounter roll that produced hundreds of hobgoblins which would almost certainly have killed the party off in stand-up battle. So I had them moving on Ket instead, which made perfect sense to me. What else would a full on army be doing hereabouts anyway??

I had no idea that the Elf outpost existed last week; it was merely the next logical step beyond the situation with Ket. If there had been no Elves in the company, you probably wouldn't have gone looking in Wildwood, and the Elves there might never have entered play.

You guys are driving it. My job is merely to tie the overall story together.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by danhem » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:36 am

However you're doing it, it's working beautifully.

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:40 am

danhem wrote:However you're doing it, it's working beautifully.
Agreed.

Excited to get the party back up to full strength (from, like, 23% or so). Head back to Ket, kill some gobbies, search the rest of our home, explore the ruins, go back to the abbey...

Ahhh... A hobbit can dream, can't he?

Post by flightcommander » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:39 am

I may have jumped the gun a bit in describing Armando's waking activities — didn't realize he was still KO'd from the magic beans! In that case, maybe he just dreamt all of that ... :lol:
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by danhem » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:10 pm

If we're actually able to get some rest and level up, I think someone needs to come up with a "create food" spell.

Post by mushgnome » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:48 pm

(wrong thread)
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”