(055) Wildwood/The Ivory Wold

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:08 am

Re: (055) Wildwood/The Ivory Wold

Wen would arrive back soon after the shooting contest. He would give Torben a cheerful congratulations. "Masterfully done I hear, the Elves are talking about it around the fortress. Your spoils are a badge of honor rarely seen in human lands. Wear the armor with pride. " After a short time of relaxation he would tell the tale of the Wood Spirit and what he and Dorgan and Highbough saw at the fortress Alcazar 74. "Perhaps I should go talk to Ulric, but first I'll talk to loremaster." Wen wanders off playing a little tune on his flute and muttering something about "Scared the wings off the Gnome, why on earth..."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:10 am

ehiker133 wrote:After the crowd has dispersed, Desmond looks around for Highbough and Wen... and Dorgan, it seems, to find out if they made it back from the fey land alive.
Desmond finds Highbough at the edge of the camp, leaning for support against the southern watch-tree. The Elf is visibly shaken, as weakened as the halfling has ever seen him.

A friendly young Hobbit... come closer, do not fear the Highbough, closer...

He bends his knees, sliding his back down the tree trunk until he is sitting on his heels, eye to eye with Desmond. Is he... sunburned?

My eyes fail me, am I seeing double or does this gentle child of the shire have two heads? I must be losing my mind, this old grey Elf...

And so Highbough collapses into an exhausted puddle.
Last edited by mushgnome on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by danhem » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Ulric will continue his exploration of the surrounding area with the crystal ball, checking the manse and the ruined keep. He will also see if he can make contact with someone with the Sisters of Mercy cloister, if such a thing is possible.

Post by doctorx » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Josiane continues to assist Ulric.

Post by mushgnome » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:31 am

Highbough's eyelids flutter. "Desmond? Mondes? Are those you?!? I am... glad... to see both of you."

"I have much to tell at the next Council meeting. Until then, I must rest in my chambers."

Once the Elf is alone, he will study his spellbooks, inked in the crabbed Infernal script. Highbough casts his remaining Read Magic spell for the day to unlock a new spell.

"Alcazar... 74... 47... Alcazar..."
Last edited by mushgnome on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:02 am

| Any other orders for day four?

I will whisk thru it as a high level summary now. Your PCs are beginning to grow restless... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:58 am

mushgnome wrote:Highbough's eyelids flutter. "Desmond? Mondes? Are those you?!? I am... glad... to see both of you."

"I have much to tell at the next Council meeting. Until then, I must rest in my chambers."

Once the Elf is alone, he will study his spellbooks, inked in the crabbed Infernal script. Highbough casts his remaining Read Magic spell for the day to unlock a new spell.

"Alcazar... 74... 47... Alcazar..."
"It's us, Highbough! It's Desmond and Mondes! You're back safely, old friend. From what Wen and Dorgan say, you lot had quite a journey! Rest up, now. You can tell us all about it in the morning..."

Desmond totters on as he guides Highbough back to his tent chambers. Once he is settled in, Desmond leaves him to rest.

When they are out of hearing range, Mondes mutters, "Shoulda called 'erm Highbaw Tha Old Grey Mare..."

"Shut it, noggin..."

OOC: sorry, must have missed that first post...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Olroda » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Beringar will continue to practice with the bow and go over his equipment, mending anything that warrants it. If he has time over, he'll help the rest of the Company to do the same.
Last edited by Olroda on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mushgnome » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Highbough thanks Desmondes for the shoulder to lean on and finds a quiet place to study Hold Person.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 am

Day four passes relatively uneventfully.

The main talk is of what Highbough, Wen, and Dorgan learned in the spirit world, though in truth more mysteries have been asked than questions answered. That the great heroes of Elves of Men took with them to battle their mightiest arms beyond reasonable doubt. That many of them fell upon the acursed field before Alcazar 47 seems very probable. That they might still lay there, undisturbed, is an enticing possibility... but where this blasted redoubt might lie and how to reach it... those are seemingly unanswerable questions.

Meanwhile, the company continue to recuperate and gain in fitness. To be truthful everyone is feeling fully fit--even Dorgan's feet are wholly healed.

Josiane and Ulric continue their surveylance of Ket via the Queerious Speculum, but now find that its use wearies them sorely | each turn of usage requires a turn of rest thereafter, so by using it in tandem they can continue the surveillance use each day |. However, they now learn something new... The Manse on Eagle Street seems to have suffered some serious damage--at first it appeared that it had been holed by a catapult strike, but upon closer examination it appears more likely that a Gholum has smashed its way into the residence, and the captive Goure is nowhere to be seen! Perhaps worse--the "elevator" which carries stores from the Gholem workshop up to the rear garden seems to be in use--there are goblins all over the place, and Bennug and his staff seem, wearily, to be serving the new residents. Down in the basement a new Gholem is being fitted with the mighty metal plate armor that you found down there.

Olaf finds that the Quartermaster can fit him with regular mail--he has a few sets of Man-size mail in good order that have been left to his stores after decades of campaigning. He gets fitted for a set (at the regular 35sp cost). A helm he can have free, a shield he can purchase (15sp).

Highbough spends the day contemplating the mysteries within his 2nd level spell book, and by sunset has unlocked the secrets of The Vainglorious Abeyance spell (aka Hold Person).

Meanwhile Armando continues to pursue the Loremaster regarding the Gottfried dynasty 2d6=4, but the Loremaster has endure quiet enough of Men these last few days, and is in no mood to converse further. There are insects to be observed here!

So passes day four.

d6

You may council over your evening repast as you devise your respective orders for turn/day five...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”