Delve 12 Aftermath

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:19 pm

Delve 12 Aftermath

Wiglaff spends 100 gold of his own money to identify the other Wand, which is a Wand of Fireballs. He now has two wands: a Wand of Cold, and a Wand of Fire. The party is well-equipped for mass damage spells.

I am retiring Grampus, so there is a Battle Axe (beheading) - I suggest Wiglaff - and a Plate Mail +1 available. We need to decide if a) only dwarves can wear dwarf-sizd plate mail b) it fits dwarves/halflings c) it fits dwarves/humans

What do the players think?

The 2800 xp is divided five ways for 560 xp each; Aldbane +5% gets 588, Wiglaff +10% gets 616.
Franklin gets just enough to hit level 4!
His hit points increase from 10 to 19 and he is now a better leader of men, and fearsome to normals.

The wizard agrees to cast Reincarnation on Maloof for 5000 gold (which I deducted from Maloof) and he comes back as a tiny gnome, about halfling-sized, but thinner!

Also, Maloof won't need his Plate Mail +1 anymore either or his Scroll of Cure Light WOunds

Post by Makofan » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:19 pm

Re: Delve 12 Aftermath

Maloof has been reincarnated as a level 2 gnome thief with the following abilities
Str/Int/Wis/Dex/Con/Ch
7/14/15/15/11/11
and 1218 gold to spend

Post by Makofan » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:22 pm

Franklin is retiring from play

@musghnome can choose from the following three rolls for his next character:

Str/Int/Wis/Dex/Con/Cha/Gold
17/12/13/10/6/5/50
8/11/13/11/10/7/140
7/12/9/12/8/13/130

Post by kipper » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:08 am

I will purchase gear for Maloof the Gnome soon. I assume he will have to re-purchase most gear, as the other is mostly human-sized.

Is he now Chaotic? (Based on the PC Reference Thread)

Maloof the Gnome is also now willing to take any unwanted potions back again which were given up by Maloof the Cleric :)!

Post by Makofan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:02 pm

kipper wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:08 am
I will purchase gear for Maloof the Gnome soon. I assume he will have to re-purchase most gear, as the other is mostly human-sized.

Is he now Chaotic? (Based on the PC Reference Thread)

Maloof the Gnome is also now willing to take any unwanted potions back again which were given up by Maloof the Cleric :)!
That Chaotic is just a placeholder - he might be Neutral; up to you
Yes, he will have to but gnome-sized gear (we will make it cost same as normal gear just to make things easy)

Post by kipper » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm

I will go with Neutral alignment.

Also, I will assume that since he's a gnome that a normal dagger is like a sword to him, and a normal sword (and most other weapons) would have to be used two-handed. Two-handed swords, longbows, and heavy crossbows are completely out. Can he use other bows and crossbows?

EDIT: I have purchased some basic gear now (posted in the original character thread, link in my sig), 66gp worth. I think I will also buy him a crossbow if he can use one, I will wait on that ruling.

Post by acodispo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:42 pm

How exciting -- a reincarnation! That is a fun spell. :)

Wiglaff will casually mention that his favoured weapon is the battle-axe, and that if he's given a suit of magical armour, he'll be able to wear the armour and cast spells at the same time, increasing the party's flexibility. Yes: Wiglaff would be very happy to get his newly-thawed Elf-hands on either or both of Grampus' magic items!

makofan, I'm assuming above that this statement in the Elves section DD v4 means they can act as a magic user while in magic armor: "He uses the more favorable game statistics of both classes during play but cannot act as a magic-user while wearing non-magical armor." Sound good to you?

Did the wand of cold blast also kill Wiglaff's porters Edgar & Phillippe, or were they spared?

Wiglaff pays 200gp each to Ivar & Sigmund's family to help with their funeral costs.

CURRENT MARCHING ORDER
(updated with losses post Delve 12)

...[Rhod F4]......[Grampus F4]..
.[Aldbane C4].....[Sigmund F2]..
....[Edgar]........[Maloof T2]..
.[Franklin F3]...[Wiglaff E3/2].
....[Aiden]........[Nori F2]....
...[Ivar F2].......[Phillippe]..
...[Ori F2]........[Dori F2]....
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Makofan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:10 am

kipper wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:42 pm
I will go with Neutral alignment.

Also, I will assume that since he's a gnome that a normal dagger is like a sword to him, and a normal sword (and most other weapons) would have to be used two-handed. Two-handed swords, longbows, and heavy crossbows are completely out. Can he use other bows and crossbows?

EDIT: I have purchased some basic gear now (posted in the original character thread, link in my sig), 66gp worth. I think I will also buy him a crossbow if he can use one, I will wait on that ruling.
Let's assume he has a light crossbow. All weapons do same damage, so no need to sweat the small stuff

Post by Makofan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:11 am

acodispo wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:42 pm
How exciting -- a reincarnation! That is a fun spell. :)

Wiglaff will casually mention that his favoured weapon is the battle-axe, and that if he's given a suit of magical armour, he'll be able to wear the armour and cast spells at the same time, increasing the party's flexibility. Yes: Wiglaff would be very happy to get his newly-thawed Elf-hands on either or both of Grampus' magic items!

makofan, I'm assuming above that this statement in the Elves section DD v4 means they can act as a magic user while in magic armor: "He uses the more favorable game statistics of both classes during play but cannot act as a magic-user while wearing non-magical armor." Sound good to you?

Did the wand of cold blast also kill Wiglaff's porters Edgar & Phillippe, or were they spared?

Wiglaff pays 200gp each to Ivar & Sigmund's family to help with their funeral costs.

CURRENT MARCHING ORDER
(updated with losses post Delve 12)

...[Rhod F4]......[Grampus F4]..
.[Aldbane C4].....[Sigmund F2]..
....[Edgar]........[Maloof T2]..
.[Franklin F3]...[Wiglaff E3/2].
....[Aiden]........[Nori F2]....
...[Ivar F2].......[Phillippe]..
...[Ori F2]........[Dori F2]....
Let's say that the porters were in the other room and spared. I agree with magic armor would let you cast, so Wiglaff with magic plate, magic axe, and two damage wands is about as ready as you can be

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:26 am

Franklin was going to join Grampus on his side-quest, but now I think he is going to stick around to witness Maloof the Gnome. That's just not something you see every day!

Since Franklin is max level, his xp needs have changed. Rather than a normal treasure share, he'd be looking for a high-end fighter item, like an intelligent magic sword. He feels like his quick thinking (bringing his friends back with the efreet lamp) perhaps earns him 'dibs' on the next cool sword we find. Does that sound fair?

@makofan talk to me about Franklin's heroic 'leader of men' ability? He is willing to spend a substantial amount of gold around town, to recruit up to his max of 3 henchmen.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”