Delve the 11th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by kipper » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:51 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Aladdin Maloof rubs the lamp to clean up the writing.

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:17 pm

There is a flash of fire, and smoke pours out the top of the lamp. When the smoke clears, you see a towering figure of a muscled man wreathed in fire, holding a gleaming scimitar that is longer than a human's body. It's voice booms out "Puny mortals, you have freed me for a time. How may I server you?"

Post by kipper » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:48 pm

"Splendid!" Maloof replies calmly. "However, I don't think we have anything in particular for you right now?" He raises his eyebrow as he looks around questioningly at his comrades.

While he waits to see if his friends have any suggestions, he fills in the time by asking the Genie a few questions: "But while you're out here, may I ask a few questions, but please only answer if said answers will not count towards my reward, I merely ask in the spirit of comradeship and brotherhood. How long have you been trapped in there? You mentioned that you are freed now for a time, for how long are you free and what are the limitations or restrictions? And although I state now categorically that no such obligation exists, and by so asking I in no way encumber myself with any obligations, have any service you wish of me?"

Post by acodispo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:25 pm

"Hail, mighty non-mortal!" replies Wiglaff. "I too am curious to know how you'll reply to my comrade's queries, but have no urgent requests for you."

He checks on his mercenaries to make sure they are not getting too freaked out by the sudden appearance of this powerful creature.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:39 pm

But while you're out here, may I ask a few questions, but please only answer if said answers will not count towards my reward, I merely ask in the spirit of comradeship and brotherhood. How long have you been trapped in there? You mentioned that you are freed now for a time, for how long are you free and what are the limitations or restrictions? And although I state now categorically that no such obligation exists, and by so asking I in no way encumber myself with any obligations, have any service you wish of me?"
"I have been trapped for 200 years, bound by the evil wizard Gorthaur the Fourth, until I was freed. I must serve you three times, and after the third time, I am no longer bound to this plane and can return to the Citadel of Brass, where I have spirits to torment. All three requests must come within 1001 days from now. I can grant wishes - would you be rich? powerful? have the most beautiful woman in the world as your concubine? After an hour of your time, I must return to the lamp, until called forth again, but I can lay low your enemies during that time. Speak!"

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:05 pm

OOC: Franklin thinks this is neat-o! Maybe we should pop down to Dungeon Level 3 and kill some monsters, with the genie's help?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by merias » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:14 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:05 pm
OOC: Franklin thinks this is neat-o! Maybe we should pop down to Dungeon Level 3 and kill some monsters, with the genie's help?
Agreed!
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by kipper » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:15 pm

"Does your current appearance count towards your three required services to us? Does laying low our enemies count as a service? Or do the three services specifically refer only to wishes?" Maloof asks.
Good plan, let's head down pending the reply to Maloof's questions.

Post by acodispo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:08 pm

Wiglaff murmurs: "The undead in the northwest region of Level 3 have proved a nuisance to us in the past."
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Makofan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:33 pm

"Yes, this is the first of your services. A wish, an hour of service, it is all the same"

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”