Delve the 10th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Yeah, let's check out the noise," Rhod says.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Agreed!" says Wiglaff.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:09 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

"Yes, let's move on before that puddle oozes under the door," Aldbane says.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:30 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

You are ready for what is beyond the door, and you get the sense that it is also ready for you, so the first few seconds could be critical. If it is not too much trouble, I'd like a semi-detailed plan for opening the door, etc

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Aldbane can open the door and stand to the side, and we can try and force whatever is inside to come through the door, rather than blindly running in.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:53 am

Re: Delve the 10th

Yes, let's open the door and then stand back and see what happens (hopefully we'll be out of the way of any weapons or breath attacks which may come through).

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

So perhaps we:

1. Open door
2. Pull back to either side in case it immediately unleashes missiles or breath weapon
3. Archers peak in & loose a volley if possible
4. Everybody pulls back to attack when/if anything emerges from the door

Also, Wiglaff has a sleep scroll available. We could try launching that into the room but I have a hunch this may not be useful against whatever-it-is.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Quick question:

If Rhod uses the See Invisible power of his sword, how long does that last? Because if it's for more than instantaneous, he'll activate that before we open the door.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

I am going to say that basically the sword casts this spell on you, as long as you hold the sword

Detect Invisibility
(affects: self, duration: 6 turns, range: 1"/level) The magic-user can plainly see invisible, hidden, ghostly, or otherwise transparent creatures and objects within range and line of sight.

Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am
Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post by SneakeyPete » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:09 am

Re: Delve the 10th

Grampus readies himself beside the door with his axe arched for striking.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.