[03] The Ziggurat

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post by ratikranger » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Elven Fighter with Leather and Bow,Level 1]Rahaulyr[/pc] has another facial twitch as he says "We can fight on our terms up here, but we cannot expect the same down there. Your scout was presumably quick on his feet yet he still got overwhelmed by whatever unseen horror lies below. I say throw burning oil down the ramp and see what happens. But if you really want some of us to scout ahead and 'play bait' instead, then those individuals should get first pick of whatever treasure the party recovers from below. What's it going to be?"

As he says this, [pc Elven Fighter with Leather and Bow,Level 1]Rahaulyr[/pc] slowly moves from his position on the balcony down toward the ramp while maintaining his aim as best as possible.

| He doesn't go down the ramp yet, he just gets closer to 'glimpse' into the darkness with his own eyes (and to listen with his own elf ears of course). |

Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:27 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

"This faerie is greedy methinks", says Urtzil, finishing the last of his worm with a slurp. "A moment since he arrived, and already he gives the orders and demands pick of the loot"

"Greedy men die quickly", he continues, "Greedy faeries may die faster...but at what cost to cautious men? I say we send him back on his way."
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

ratikranger wrote:I say throw burning oil down the ramp and see what happens.
[pc Human,M-U]Sullivus[/pc]

"No oil, until we know what happened to Mr. Potts."
Tonneau wrote:"This faerie is greedy methinks", says Urtzil, finishing the last of his worm with a slurp. "A moment since he arrived, and already he gives the orders and demands pick of the loot"

"Greedy men die quickly", he continues, "Greedy faeries may die faster...but at what cost to cautious men? I say we send him back on his way."
"I care not what he does at this point, so long as he does it quietly. Caution is indeed the way of men and faeries who care to see the Sun again."
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post by ratikranger » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Elven Fighter with Leather and Bow,Level 1]Rahaulyr[/pc] glances back at Filbert for a second and nods. Turning to Tumbly he quickly says "What about you friend? Can you be quiet like us in that metal outfit? If so, join us." [pc Elven Fighter with Leather and Bow,Level 1]Rahaulyr[/pc] then turns back to staring down into the darkness and says "Alright, I guess you all agree to let us have our pick of treasure..." He then takes a first step down the ramp, stops, and says "Coming?" | He'll wait to hear either agreement or quiet footsteps from Filbert and Tumbly before continuing. |

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:21 am

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Turn 3.15.8 |
With nothing further from Potts a hasty council is taken, and the new-comers [p Elf,leather,longbow,open hand,12,7/7]Rahaulyr[/p] and Filbert decide to investigate where the others will not.

"Hold up, Oi can't see a thing down there!" remarks Filbert and ignites a torch in one of the four braziers.

This done, the pair make ready to try the ramp...

| Remember that DD Elves don't see in the dark! Even DD Dwarfs require a minimal illumination to see by.

Will Tumbly accompany the bold pair down the ramp? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

| Turn 3.15.9

Okay, nothing from Tumbly, so we'll assume he waits up top with the others. |


[p Elf,leather,longbow,open hand,12,7/7]Rahaulyr[/p] and [pp Halfling,leather,shortsword,torch ,9,6/6]Filbert[/pp] descend the ramp cautiously, with all eyes above now following the progress of [pp Halfling,leather,shortsword,torch ,9,6/6]Filbert[/pp]'s torchlight as he descends the ramp some two-score paces...

| Rahualyr and Filbert over to The Underbelly please, everyone else stay right here... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

[pc Human,M-U]Sullivus[/pc]

Sullivus will jam a couple oil flasks into his belt, and leave the rest for Magnus or whoever else wants them. He'll leave his pack behind, having only his lantern in hand.

"Come on, lads. If this goes south, we might as well be close behind to help those poor doddering souls. No one get in front of me at the beginning. If there's trouble, I will unleash my mightiest magics!"

The mage will move to the edge of the ramp and pause to listen.

| Sullivus will cast Color Spray at the first sign of danger. Feel free to intercede between him and the aforementioned danger at your earliest convenience after the spell is cast! |
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post by mistere29 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Since the plan is to lure the creature up, Magnus will wait at the top ready to toss a firebomb.

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

mistere29 wrote:Since the plan is to lure the creature up, Magnus will wait at the top ready to toss a firebomb.
| If the new guys don't lure the creature(s) up, we should go down. And we should go down while the new guys are still alive. Strength in numbers and all that... |
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: [03] The Ziggurat

Urtzil shuffles to the lip of the maw, and closes his eyes to listen for the outcome of the faerie's bravado...
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]

Return to “Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.