Email notifications

Forum features, help, and how tos

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:40 am

Email notifications

I am pretty sure I used to get email notifications from this board when there were new posts in the Hinterlands PBP, but now I can't find where that setting is controlled.

Ideally, I'd like a single email from the forum on any day/week/whatever period where there are one or more posts made anywhere on the forum--except PBP game topics I'm not involved in.

Has anyone got anything like this set up on any PHPBB? How is it done?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by rredmond » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:49 pm

Re: Email notifications

I know you can change the notification options in your UCP.
Click on your Avatar/ username
Edit profile
Edit notification options

But I don’t think you can set the frequency of how often those notifications come. Pretty sure you get an email when a thread you are subscribed to gets a post. But you won’t get another email about any other posts until you’ve checked the thread.
I’d have to double check on an actual computer though, I’m on my phone.
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:13 pm

Yeah, Ron has it right.

You get a notification when someone posts in the thread, but until you visit that thread, you won't receive any more notifications for it.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:19 pm

I took a look a the settings this morning and made some changes.. Let's see the situation improves.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by rredmond » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:03 pm

Also looks like the Admin email my notifications come from has changed too. :)
[f=47]Noh’won the Wiser[/f]
Kiplyn: ...no closer to pancakes and rest!
[f=59]Garamon [Hardy Hero, MV 9′′, AC 4, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L][/f]
Wraislin: arcane fire spewing from his fingertips and reaping barbeque death!

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:43 pm

That might have been part of the issue. The email address we had FROM before was removed from system per Simon's request. So any bounces on that email would get rejected perhaps adding to some mail systems having issues with (think yahoo / google etc.). I changed it to an email address that should be valid. I also changed the underlying mechanism it sends over. Let's see how it does.

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Forum Help”