02 - Battle on the Downs

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

okruse wrote:Phadian

"I will let the Sheriff know the useful information you have provided. Who is this Illmir?"

I will see if he answers, if he does I will have another question for him

"Do you know where Roargin's camp is?"
"Illmir is magi, a Thu mator grist or something like that e'said. Lives deep in the Shadowmoor but he said he comes from over the seas to help us become free of the King. Roargin came with e'm so I guess he lives in the Shadowmoor also."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:45 pm

doctorx wrote:Hagwen

"That weren't a proper attack,"[/color] she grunts to the Sheriff and the Bailiff; "That woz a test o' yer strength; there were eyes all over that raid, markin' yer numbers an' yer tactics. They got wot they wanted, I reckon; Ye'd do well ta look ta yer defences."

"Got a bunch o' prizners over on the South side," she adds with a nod of the head in that direction; "Wizard-boy knew 'is stuff - copped 'em wiv some fancy rainbow-spell. They's human inta the bargain; might 'ave some answers if ya asks 'em proper.."
Sheriff Rol looks around at the wounded and dead and clenches his jaw. "Bailiff get the wounded home, send a runner to Olts Tower and bring the healers, get our men separated from this filth. It's going to be a long day let's get a pyre built for the goblins, the sooner they are burned the better." Bailiff Watson manges a small chuckle that seems the brighten someone the lads "Yes SIR, a little fire will clear the air, ha"

Rol then looks at Hagwen, then at Coln and Rhegaer. "Prisoners you said lady? Well lets see what's going on." You all set off across town to where Phadian and Alrik are with the bandits.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by doctorx » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 pm

mgtremaine wrote: Rol then looks at Hagwen, then at Coln and Rhegaer. "Prisoners you said lady? Well lets see what's going on." You all set off across town to where Phadian and Alrik are with the bandits.
Hagwen

"Yeah; let's."

Hagwen stomps back to where the captured bandits are being held by Alrik and Phadian.

"'Ow's tricks 'ere, then? These canaries singin' you a bee-oot-iful tune, I 'ope?"

"If not, I can make 'em..."

She draws her dagger and glares at the captives balefully... :evil:

Post by okruse » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:01 am

Phadian

Laughs, to Hagwen -

"What is your name woman? I like your spirit and you are good in a fight. My name is Phadian."

After she answers I would signal the Sheriff to the side to talk

"I got a lot of information from one of them <describes the bandit he got the information from, but does not point>. You can do what you will with them, certainly they were up to no good. After these prisoners are secured I think we should talk with my new friends present. The information is not heartening, it suggests that more trouble may be afoot."

Post by CursedDice » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Coln

To Alrik: "Er... listen, I'm sorry for calling you a bookworm... you're okay in fight..."

Turns back to Phadian: "What do you think this Illmir wants? I doubt he wants to bloody 'free the nice goblins of the king' like them idiots said... What was the purpose of this attack? Seemed too small..."
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by merias » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:01 pm

CursedDice wrote:Coln

To Alrik: "Er... listen, I'm sorry for calling you a bookworm... you're okay in fight..."
"Apology accepted, my friend!" Alrik pauses for a moment and looks like he is trying to remember something. "Oh, and I have a present - these brigands had a stash of gems."

Alrik will hand out the rubies to the others, four each.

Then, speaking to everyone present "What do we know about the shadowmoor?"
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by doctorx » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

CursedDice wrote:Coln

"What do you think this Illmir wants? I doubt he wants to bloody 'free the nice goblins of the king' like them idiots said... What was the purpose of this attack? Seemed too small..."
Hagwen

"'This Illmir' wanted ta test the defences - see what 'e'd be up aginst later down the line. 'E woz usin' the lives o' these 'ere prannets ta do it," the woman says with a contemptuous sweep of the hand towards the captive bandits.

""Bet ya feel stupid now, eh?" she adds, glowering at the prisoners without a shred of sympathy.

In answer to Phadian's question: "Hagwen -the Blade-Widder ta some, plain Hag ta me friends an' acquaintances - which I 'asten to add includes none o' you 'cept the dog as yet," she adds with a growl.

On being handed the rubies she grunts and pours them into the Sheriff's hand.

"Use 'em to bury these poor buggers an' use wot's left ta support the families they leave behind," she adds quietly, gesturing to the fallen defenders...

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer quietly takes his four gems and pockets them. If any of the unconscious brigands needs to be moved somewhere, he offers to help move them.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:12 am

Phadian

Looks around, seeing the whole group is there -

"I don't know what this Illmir is up to. He must be very convincing to get men and goblins to work together. I think we can expect more chaos for our town, that is for sure."

To the Sheriff -

"Are there men wounded on the other side of town? I should get my kit and tend to their wounds."

Post by doctorx » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:29 am

Hagwen

Hagwen looks to see if any of her spent arrows are slavageable.

"Waste not, wont not..."

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”