(052) Reckoning the Abbey

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: (052) Reckoning the Abbey

d6
Upstairs all is quiet; making time for Invisible Highbough's mind to wander...

Downstairs Josiane is examining the staff and the wooden cups and bowls, while Armando has eyes on the small lockbox. Gustave and the blind halflings are splashing about in the trickling fountain nave.

Dieter in on the stair, halfway between the two rooms.

What now poeple?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Out of blindness-recovery ideas, Desmond waits to hear Josiane's thoughts on the items gathered.

In the mean time, he takes anther drink from the silver bowl, slurping loudly to let the others know he is still there (Desmond, a little weary, occasionally forgetting others can, in fact, still see him, even though he cannot see them).
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Tonneau » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:26 pm

ehiker133 wrote:Out of blindness-recovery ideas, Desmond waits to hear Josiane's thoughts on the items gathered.

In the mean time, he takes anther drink from the silver bowl, slurping loudly to let the others know he is still there (Desmond, a little weary, occasionally forgetting others can, in fact, still see him, even though he cannot see them).
Upon hearing Desmond's thirsty slurps, Gustave's mind drifts to other, tastier, beverages, and how long it has been since he has imbibed.

"What say you my dear", he says, turning to Josiane (her eyes still glazed in wonder at the staff), "have we found what we were looking for? I for one have had enough of this place, and long for a hot bath and an aged wine - and perhaps a few less-aged wenches to help scrub the dirt away."
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by sully » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Dorgan waits patiently for the rest of the crew to come back upstairs. If the corpse of the ooze ever stops bubbling, he'll poke around a little more but otherwise, he's content to stand around and remain vigilant.

OOC: For some reason, I stopped getting email notification when new posts were up, so my apologies for going quiet.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:58 am

sully wrote:
OOC: For some reason, I stopped getting email notification when new posts were up, so my apologies for going quiet.

OOC: FYI, once you receive a notification that a new post is up, you will not receive any more notifications about new posts until you visit the thread and reset the notifier. I've tested it quite a bit on the Unseen Servant, and both sites use the same base software, and that is generally the problem about 95% of the time.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by flightcommander » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Armando eyes the lockbox, looking for markings of any kind before investigating it for traps. If he find nothing of note, he'll attempt to open the box.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by doctorx » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:24 pm

"This is a Theraic Staff," breathes Josiane with reverence; "One of only three of its kind. The other items I cannot identify, but I doubt not they are of an equally holy pedigree."

Her thoughts return from their divine musings to the practicalities of their situation.

"I am inclined to agree with you, Lord Gustave," she says; "We have found the treasures the Mother Most Holy seeks, I doubt not. Some of our number are wounded, others sightless and our ability to carry the battle to the foe is blunted as a result. Loath though I am to retreat before I have settled affairs with the abomination behind this atrocity the preservation of the artefacts must be our first concern. It is time to withdraw."

Post by flightcommander » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:52 am

"Just a moment, please," argues Armando as he examines the lockbox ...
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by Tonneau » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 am

doctorx wrote:"This is a Theraic Staff," breathes Josiane with reverence; "One of only three of its kind. The other items I cannot identify, but I doubt not they are of an equally holy pedigree."

"I am inclined to agree with you, Lord Gustave," she says; "We have found the treasures the Mother Most Holy seeks, I doubt not. Some of our number are wounded, others sightless and our ability to carry the battle to the foe is blunted as a result. Loath though I am to retreat before I have settled affairs with the abomination behind this atrocity the preservation of the artefacts must be our first concern. It is time to withdraw."
"Your wish is my command my dear, and...errr - do keep that thearrick staff pointed away from me - rare or not, it seems it and I share some fundamental disagreement" he says, flexing the fingers of his still smarting hand.

"Very well", he says, speaking up so that all may hear, "once our man Armando is done with his trunk, let us make a strategic withdrawal. It seems we have what we came for and have at least fended off our foes for now."

He pauses for a moment, eying the blinded hobbits and scratching his beard, then calls "Dieter! Perhaps you would be so good as to carry one hobbit, while I the other - it may be more expeditious than letting them stagger around in the dark themselves - what say you Desmond? Rufus? err..Mondes?"
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by coffee » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Having thus far heard no foes approaching from below, Dieter reenters the chamber to respond to his name.

"Am I to be a warhorse, now?" he asks, then notices the small heads all turning vaguely, sightlessly, in his direction. "I'll carry the double-header, since they're still blind. But if I need to fight, they'll need to get down fast and stay put. Understood?"
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”