(045) Crags and Foothills

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:52 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote:(OOC: Ways, can you remind me your house rules (if any) for recasting spells? If Highbough wants to cast the Smaze again, what's the process? Is our rope long enough to reach the chapel roof/window/balcony? (assuming it has not been swallowed by the void))
There is no longer any recasting of spells, but seeing that Highbough hasn't done anything else since casting his Smaze, it can still be in effect, smouldering below his feet.

The chapel roof appear to be approximately 80-100ft away across the vegetable garden -- too far for 60ft of rope to reach. But there is no reason (barring any mishaps) why the duo could not hop around the perimeter of the abbey on the roof tops to reach the chapel roof...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote: "We better check this out further before going down.", He will pull the rope back up to see if it emerges from where ever it just went, unharmed.
Olaf reels his rope back; once again it causes the scene of the abbey to ripple before his eyes; as if the rope is disturbing a pond-surface. But his rope comes back to him all intact, and apparently unaffected.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

mushgnome wrote:
"Young man," Highbough whispers to Olaf, "when I was but an Elfling, we played a game where we would climb the furniture and cross the room without touching the floor. I suggest we play this game now."

(OOC: Assuming we reach the chapel.... are there any windows or other way in? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img])

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 pm

eris wrote:
mushgnome wrote:"Young man," Highbough whispers to Olaf, "when I was but an Elfling, we played a game where we would climb the furniture and cross the room without touching the floor. I suggest we play this game now."

(OOC: Assuming we reach the chapel.... are there any windows or other way in? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img])
Olaf nods, "I'm with you!"

If there looks to be a way to do it, he'll untie the rope and join Highbough in hopping from roof to roof. As he goes Olaf will drop the end of the rope into the scene below to see what happens as the pair move.

"I wonder what is *really* down there?" Olaf says to Highbough, "Nothing good, I'll bet!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 am

mushgnome wrote:
eris wrote: "I wonder what is *really* down there?" Olaf says to Highbough, "Nothing good, I'll bet!"
"Oh, we'll find out soon, I'm sure---but for now I'm hoping the illusion works both ways, hiding us from whatever's below." So says Highbough.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Rooftops
(Highbough and Olaf)

Highbough and Olaf turn to their left (facing the veggie patch) and begin to caper across the roof-tops, pitching themselves over the narrow gaps between three or four buildings in order to reach the bell tower. Beyond it is a drop down to the ground level proper, and then -- a short way further -- what appears to be the rear of the humble chapel.

From here they can either scale the bell tower, jump/clamber down to the ground, go back over the outer wall (leaving the abbey), or go back the way they came.

They could also attempt to swing down from the roof and enter any of the buildings they have crossed through one of the narrow windows (assuming all is what it seems..?).

The abbey is still mysteriously quiet.

What to do?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 am

sirravd wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:The Camp Site
(Envongr, Garven, and Murphy the Mule)

With that he sits down on a boulder and begins to pack a pipe with dried tobacco.

"You smoke?" he asks after a time.
"Uhhhh...sure."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough tries the "rope trick" to see whether the short space between the rooftop and the chapel is as it appears. "What do you think, Olaf, shall we raid the chapel ourselves, or wait for a clearer opportunity to tip the scales of battle?"

Has he seen or heard any sign of what his allies are up to, or whether they are in danger?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 pm

eris wrote:
mushgnome wrote:Highbough tries the "rope trick" to see whether the short space between the rooftop and the chapel is as it appears. "What do you think, Olaf, shall we raid the chapel ourselves, or wait for a clearer opportunity to tip the scales of battle?"

Has he seen or heard any sign of what his allies are up to, or whether they are in danger?
Olaf will wait to see how Highbough's rope trick comes out before replying, but assuming there is still an illusion below us and the chapel is not an illusion, he'll say "Let's raid the chapel. I don't think we're going to see anything but illusion below us unless we go down into whatever actually *is* down at the surface."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough smiles slyly. "Yes, to the chapel! Let's see what these demon-nuns are made of!"

Return to “Hinterlands”