(045) Crags and Foothills

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
The water tastes clear and refreshing, just as Olaf says.

The skin contains enough water for a full day... quaffing it at one chug would be a Manly feat indeed.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:58 pm

doctorx wrote:
"With your permission, my lord?" says Josiane with a friendly smile as Envongr drinks from the waterskin.

She examines his scalp for any sign of a head-wound, but finds none.

"You seem unharmed," she adds at length; "Perhaps this strange malady will pass with time. Be at peace in the mean while. You are amongst friends."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:11 pm

danhem wrote:
Ulric makes his way up to the group near the ruins to see what is happening.

"Magic wells are not unheard of," he says after learning of the situation. "Nor is cursed water. Of course it may simply be poisoned. If anyone has an empty bottle l could take a sample to study. Perhaps we could find a cure for its effects."

"If you join us I could see to this research once we are back in Ket. We could use another strong arm where we are heading."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 pm

sirravd wrote:
"All right. For now I'll join you. Perhaps I'll find the thing I was chasing."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:58 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
And so it is that Envongr comes to join with the company. And he finds it to be strong retinue indeed, including Dieter the Ogreslayer (who appears to have been hurt recently) and Ulric Firestarter -- both persons of repute whose deeds are oft re-iterated in tavern tales.

What next?

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 am

sulldawga wrote:
Dorgan grumbles behind Josiane's back as he's stuck with mule-watching duty yet again.

"Ain't nobody know yet, if'n there's trouble, yer gonna want ol' Dorgan at the front, not holdin' the reins of some dumb beast."

Once Dorgan gains the top of the rise and sees what all the hubbub is about, he turns to his plate-armored companion.

"You best take a sample of that there well water, friend Gustave. The way that fellow's acting, must be some extra-ordinary concoction he's been drawing up."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:09 pm

danhem wrote:
OOC: Does anyone have an empty container of some kind? Ulric left his back at the manse. I'd hate to loose a waterskin.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 am

sirravd wrote:
OOC: Envongr has a waterskin, though of course it isn't empty.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 am

tonneau wrote:
sulldawga wrote: Once Dorgan gains the top of the rise and sees what all the hubbub is about, he turns to his plate-armored companion.
"You best take a sample of that there well water, friend Gustave. The way that fellow's acting, must be some extra-ordinary concoction he's been drawing up."
"Indeed, my good Dwarf", replies Gustave, eyeing the new arrival and scratching his chin, "I am quite tempted, I must admit, to imbibe of it myself. Alas, however", he adds, patting at imaginary pockets in his mail, "I am also short of a suitable receptacle."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 am

sirravd wrote:
"Drink right from the pool. You don't need a cup," Envongr says. "That was what I did. We'll pull you out if you fall in."

Return to “Hinterlands”