(044) A Hinterlands Venture

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:45 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Restating the fact that "East is Up" on the map (standard practice), it might be thought "curious" to strike out across the rough heath lands directly south (toward the ruined keep), when there is a perfectly good road which goes south-east anyway [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 am

sulldawga wrote:
verhaden wrote:"Rumor has it there's gold and silver to be found in the hinterlands." Torben looks around the group. "I know my way around the field of battle... and I don't snore."
"Gold and silver, eh?" says Dorgan, casting a raised eyebrow at the spearman. "Can't say I fault any Man for that sorta ambition, seeing's how I share it myself."
tonneau wrote:"What do you think my friend? A worthy companion, or mere rabbit fodder?". Again not waiting for a reply, he turns back to the newcomer, "If you pass muster with our dwarf here, you may join us, if not...well lets just say you are lucky you are not a gu-wore", he finishes somewhat cryptically before walking off, job done, to join Ulric with the map.
"He'll do." Dorgan walks over and sticks out his hand. "Name's Dorgan, son of Dorgamond. Ain't my place ta say yer in the group, but if'n they want you, know I've got yer back."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond keeps his hood on as he steps forward and nervously adds, "We're... umm, I mean... I'm Desmond. Welco"

"Oh, and what am I? Chopped liver, then?" grumbles another voice from under the hood.

"Shut it," Desmond hisses in a barely-audible whisper. "We'll tell him"

But before Desmond can finish his sentence, his right arm reaches up and throws back the hood of their cloak, revealing the two heads of the halfling.

"Gawf! I hates that stinky thing!" says Mondes, looking about. Desmond stares at his second head with an angry, furrowed brow for several uncomfortable seconds.

"I'm Desmond," he finally manages to get out. "The bloody git here is Mondes the Impatient Arse." He finally turns to face the newcomer. "Anyway... welcome."

He turns and storms away, mumbling something about two heads definitely not being better than one.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 am

danhem wrote:
"Our supplies are limited," Ulric reminds Olaf. "I think it wise to stick to the road as much as possible rather than delay ourselves and likely find ourselves starving in the wilds once again. I like the idea of leaving two of our company behind to catch whomever is following us better. I'll volunteer for the task; I may be able to persuade our shadow to divulge what he is doing."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote: "I'm Desmond," he finally manages to get out. "The bloody git here is Mondes the Impatient Arse." He finally turns to face the newcomer. "Anyway... welcome."
LOL! Now you're talking [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:44 pm

coffee wrote:
danhem wrote:"Our supplies are limited," Ulric reminds Olaf. "I think it wise to stick to the road as much as possible rather than delay ourselves and likely find ourselves starving in the wilds once again. I like the idea of leaving two of our company behind to catch whomever is following us better. I'll volunteer for the task; I may be able to persuade our shadow to divulge what he is doing."
"I'll stay, also," Dieter says. "Might get a chance to try out my new shield."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm

verhaden wrote:
Torben

OOC: 50 Shades of Gustave

Torben's hand tightens around the haft of his spear, the provocations of Gustave's silver tounge almost too hard to ignore...

But the anger quickly fades away at the mention of coin. "Well met, Dorgan, son of Dorgamond." He nods his head slightly towards the dwarf, as he begins to gather his belongings.

He kneels down and draws out of his tattered leather bag a small bundle wrapped in linens. Unfurling the cloth, he reveals the oddly mesmerising, yet stomach churning, Hand of Naat and slides it onto his left hand casually. It is at that moment he turns his head and sees the two-headed halfling argue with itself. He cocks an eyebrow and chuckles lightly at their exchange. "I've learned to never be surprised at what this world has to offer. Greets to you both, Desmond and... Mondes?"

"My choice or not, I have to gather my things and armor myself. Perchance this shadow is mine and not yours? I've been spending my nights in Ket gambling on fights... it's possible there might be someone interested in separating me from my winnings."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 pm

eris wrote:
coffee wrote:
danhem wrote:"Our supplies are limited," Ulric reminds Olaf. "I think it wise to stick to the road as much as possible rather than delay ourselves and likely find ourselves starving in the wilds once again. I like the idea of leaving two of our company behind to catch whomever is following us better. I'll volunteer for the task; I may be able to persuade our shadow to divulge what he is doing."
"I'll stay, also," Dieter says. "Might get a chance to try out my new shield."
"Just remember to take our tail alive so we can question him." Olaf says, "Is everyone else ready to go?"

"I'll scout ahead along the road." says Olaf, "If we see a Snork Blockade I still think we should go around it. I'll be a lot happier if the Hobs and Gobs didn't know where we are and are going."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 pm

doctorx wrote:
[img]defaultavatar.png[/img]eris said:I'll scout ahead along the road." says Olaf, "If we see a Snork Blockade I still think we should go around it. I'll be a lot happier if the Hobs and Gobs didn't know where we are and are going."

"There is wisdom in that," Josiane concurs; "But I do not think you should go alone. Might I accompany you? If the road between here and our destination is not held by Goblins the White Lady smiles upon us indeed."

"Dorgan; will you be so kind as to look after Murphy while I am ahead?" she asks her dwarvish friend with a smile.

"And if you would, see what you can learn from our new friend about these 'fights' he has been attending," she adds in a soft whisper; "I wonder if they connect to Grumolg's dark dealings and to the foe who lies beyond. It would be useful information to have."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond nods his heads and falls into their standard open-ground marching order (minus Ulric and Dieter).

"Be careful, Olaf. Don't get out of eyesight."

Return to “Hinterlands”