(043) New Venture's Eve

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

mushgnome wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Desmond, as the obvious choice to play a minute one, volunteers to travel with Highbough.

He leans over and asks, in a loud whisper, "Do you think if I were holding on to your sleeve, that blinking thing would work on me, as well?"
Highbough's knees wobble convincingly as he leans on his spear (a cloth ribbon and some feathers tied around its head to make it appear as an old man's walking staff). "Eh? What's that, sonny boy?You'll have to speak up; I can't hear you..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
"I SAID," Desmond's voice raises in confusion (after all, Highbough has never had a problem hearing him before!), "Can you try to make that blink thing happen with me holding on to your sleeve? I'd love to see what it's like!"

His eyes twinkle with mischief.

Uh-oh. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Seriously, I sometimes think I have no control over his moods. They manifest on their own.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

doctorx wrote:
Josiane giggles at Highbough's performance, reminded of the travelling players she has delighted in during her squire days...

"I fear not all of us know of this barn," she ventures when her mirth subsides; "Let us ensure that those of us who do not travel with those who do."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

mushgnome wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:"I SAID," Desmond's voice raises in confusion (after all, Highbough has never had a problem hearing him before!), "Can you try to make that blink thing happen with me holding on to your sleeve? I'd love to see what it's like!"
"Pink thing? What pink thing? Mold on my sleeves? I tell ya, kids today..."

(OoC: It might work, but Highbough doesn't want to waste one of the few remaining charges to find out. Maybe we could try just blinking a little without using a full charge, like sipping a potion to test its effects? [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img])

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
OOC: Oh, I didn't know it had charges. [img]images/smiley/sad.png[/img] Thought it was a once-a-day kind of thing.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

waysoftheearth wrote:
It is all well and good to sneak out of town in the middle of the night... although most of you will recall that while Men guard the gates and walls by night, these are watched over by Snorks in the night... and Snorks are said to see better by night than Men do by day.

In addition to that minor detail, Ulric, Josiane and Guntrum will all level up with a full night's uninterrupted rest, but not if they are forced to rise while the moon is still high.

...further to this, assuming that Dorgan claims the Marrowstone he will also reach 3rd level with a full night's sleep.

And there is the unresolved matter of the Golem maker's journal. It's secrets have not yet been revealed, but if Highbough were to claim it and continue his research he would also reach 4th level (Might Elf Lord indeed!)

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote: (OoC: It might work, but Highbough doesn't want to waste one of the few remaining charges to find out. Maybe we could try just blinking a little without using a full charge, like sipping a potion to test its effects? [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img])
The power of Godehard's Ire Spear can be invoked but thrice per week.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote: (OoC: It might work, but Highbough doesn't want to waste one of the few remaining charges to find out. Maybe we could try just blinking a little without using a full charge, like sipping a potion to test its effects? [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img])
Ah, sweet! So, you know, we could try it on like a late Sunday night when it's towards the end of the week!

Or... what day does the week start in the Hinterlands, WOTE?

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough would rather take his chances with human guards than snorcs, so he'll get a good night's sleep and rise at the crack of dawn just like an elderly human would.
waysoftheearth wrote:
Today's Friday, right? [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img] Highbough expends his last charge of the week to take the little guy on a blink-ride from one end of the ballroom to the other, thus expending his final charge to be freshly recharged come morning. It may be useful to know if he can carry the extra weight...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:It is all well and good to sneak out of town in the middle of the night... although most of you will recall that while Men guard the gates and walls by night, these are watched over by Snorks in the night... and Snorks are said to see better by night than Men do by day.

In addition to that minor detail, Ulric, Josiane and Guntrum will all level up with a full night's uninterrupted rest, but not if they are forced to rise while the moon is still high.
I think Highbough and Desmond are thinking like more of just walking out than trying to "sneak". Maybe leaving sooner than later (like an evening stroll...) and just sacking out in the barn (for a copper or two).

Return to “Hinterlands”