(043) New Venture's Eve

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond runs upstairs to grab his shields and sword and gather his adventuring gear together in his pack.

He dons his huuuuge hooded cloak and runs back down to the dining hall.

"Might I suggest we leave some time between midnight and the break of dawn, in order to avoid spying and prying eyes..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

coffee wrote:
"My only problem with that," Dieter says, "is that I'm picking up my new shield tomorrow.

"I've fought without one long enough."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:41 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond

"Well... maybe most of us could clear out of the city limits early and then you could meet up with us outside the gates? I just want to avoid the crowd of gawkers we had to walk through on our last return..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough would prefer to avoid any Snorkish entanglements.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:46 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
mushgnome wrote:Highbough would prefer to avoid any Snorkish entanglements.
Well, that's the trick, isn't it?

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

doctorx wrote:
"Desmond speaks wisely," says Josiane; "If we were to depart Ket say, two or so at a time and meet at an agreed place outside town? That may help to avoid any - complications with the authorities."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

mushgnome wrote:
OOC: Didn't we spend a night with a friendly farmer or something on the outskirts of town? That could be a good place to meet up (if it's in the right direction for where we're going, where is that exactly?)

By putting his hood up and pretending to be feeble (instead of a MIGHTY ELF LORD!!!), Highbough could pass as an elderly human. Does anyone want to masquerade as his grandson or granddaughter and be his buddy on the exodus from town?

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond, as the obvious choice to play a minute one, volunteers to travel with Highbough.

He leans over and asks, in a loud whisper, "Do you think if I were holding on to your sleeve, that blinking thing would work on me, as well?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:46 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

eris wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Desmond

"Well... maybe most of us could clear out of the city limits early and then you could meet up with us outside the gates? I just want to avoid the crowd of gawkers we had to walk through on our last return..."
"It wouldn't be a bad idea to filter out of town in small groups." Olaf nods, "I want to pick up a bow and a quiver of arrows before we head out, and Dieter needs to pick up his new shield...by the way...thanks for letting me have the old one Dieter."

"Maybe a few could leave tonight, a few more at the crack of dawn and Dieter and I and maybe one or two more of us leave shortly there after?" Olaf suggests, "We could meet up out at the barn where we spent that long cold night a few weeks ago and go from there. How does that sound to everyone?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:48 pm

(043) New Venture's Eve

eris wrote:
OOC: That's what I get for posting without reading all the later posts. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Return to “Hinterlands”