Delve the Sixth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1188

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

Franklin searches low while the others search high. He's looking for a gap or seam that will reveal the bottom edge of the secret door, markings on the ground, loose floor stones, a difference in texture from the surrounding wall, etc.

Posts: 68

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus puts his ear to the floor to feel for any sensations through the rocky plenum.
User avatar

Posts: 1261

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

SneakeyPete wrote:Grampus puts his ear to the floor to feel for any sensations through the rocky plenum.

Grampus thinks it sounds strangely like some giant chicken beating its beak against a wall, or a big woodpecker, or something
User avatar

Posts: 674

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff beckons his torch-bearer closer and peers at the wall intently, starting at the top & working his way down, looking for a funny-looking stone or a crevice.

If he finds it, he doesn't try to trigger it until everyone is out of the way & ready to attack anything that might emerge.

He whispers: "Everybody get ready in case whatever's behind here is dangerous."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1261

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:58 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

OK, who is where? You may trigger it accidentally
User avatar

Posts: 692

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Rhod is to the left of the door, sword and shield at the ready.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 674

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff is in the center with Franklin, searching for the mechanism. He has his axe leaned up against the wall within easy reach.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 544

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Aldbane is just next to Rhod.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1261

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Sconces is whining and straining away - what does Franklin do?
User avatar

Posts: 1188

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Maybe the wall is an illusion? Franklin tries simply touching it.
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software