Delve the Fifth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1124

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Delve the Fifth

Marching order for start of Delve

Grampus and Rhod, the two level 2 fighters, make up the front

However, I am going to have Wiglaff, Franklin and Sconces 30 feet ahead when travelling. Once an encounter happens, or they are getting ready to open doors, they will resume their place deeper in the party

[Rhod F2] [Grampus Dw2]
[Aldbane C2] [Erik- outlaw]
[Wiglaff E1] [Maloof C1]
[Marco foot] [Edgar lantern]
[Vesh Mu1] [Aiden torch]
[Mona foot] [Nori hench]
[Phillippe porter] [Franklin H1]+[Sconces dog]
[Wodan hench]
[Ori hench] [Dori hench]

The party has rested, healed, regained spells, restocked, etc and is ready to go. The door is opened into the dungeon, and the party descends to the now well-known opening chamber. All is quiet

Proceed down the hall of statues to the staff room?
User avatar

Posts: 537

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Makofan wrote:Proceed down the hall of statues to the staff room?

Yes, as long as there are no objections. Suggest that we use the standard marching out, no scouts, until we reach the staff room. Wiglaff is currently bearing a 70lb timber & will be moving slowly & probably loudly.

He will greet the statues politely as the party walks by.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 137

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Vesh marches with his comrades wincing when Wiglaff makes loud noises with his lumber but otherwise says nothing. Hewill be hyper vigilant now that the noise might draw attention, and asks his footmen Mona & Marco to be extra vigilant as well. Aiden shifts his backpack so it is more comfortable & holds his torch aloft, a mix of excitement & fear show in his features as it is his first delve.If Mona & Marco are harboring any fear, they are masking it well.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
User avatar

Posts: 138

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Maloof will gladly lend Wiglaff a hand in carrying the timber between the two of them.
User avatar

Posts: 537

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Thanks, friend Maloof!" exclaims the relieved elf-warrior.

Shouldering only half the burden, he breathes a sigh of ease.

"I hope this labour is worth it. But we'll soon find out!"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1061

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:46 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Talking statues! Magic staves! Elves! Dwarves! Humans! Franklin is overwhelmed by his first taste of dungeoneering. He keeps his mouth shut and watches the more experienced adventurers to learn how it's done.
User avatar

Posts: 669

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Rhod marches as quietly as his armor allows, not saying any more than necessary. He politely greets the statues.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 537

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff explains to Franklin as they pass the statue corridor: "These lords & ladies are very polite, and of a helpful nature! There are others scattered throughout this level, as well."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1124

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

The statues all boom their "Hello's", which make you wince a bit as it announces to this part of the dungeon that something is stirring, but you make it to the room with the wedged staff without encountering any beings or creatures
User avatar

Posts: 537

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Sir Grampus, would you venture an opinion on the safety of the floor & ceiling with that staff wedged in there?" asks Wiglaff.

"My intent is to go inside, wedge this timber in next to the staff, tie my rope to the staff, then come back into the hallway and give a swift pull. I'll only be inside for a minute or so, but I would rest easier if you'd inspect the situation with your knowledge of such stone-y things. For instance: is there any sign that the ceiling will collapse as soon as I set foot inside the room?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
Next

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software