(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 844

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

That does sound like a better plan. Boggs follows his friends into the side tunnel (indicating for Anton to do the same).
Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 6/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling, candle
User avatar

Posts: 356

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi is annoyed to be distracted from her pilfering by the sudden exodus from the pit, though given the current state of affairs, a flee response could only mean one thing...

She looks up.

If there are no stars (blocked perhaps by a very annoyed dragon) she melts again into the shadows of the nearest side-tunnel.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16393

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The Lair

Gasping as they realise a second dragon is screaming down the chimney toward them Lemmi snatches herself away into the "nearest" tunnel, while Boggs, Anton, Morin, and Walfried run hither and tither in a panic until they all wind up chasing one another tails into the same passage. There's nothing to discern one tunnel from another; they're unexplored all of them, and this one is right in front of their noses! They flee into the dark as the dragon crashes down with a thunderous CRRASH! and a shower of coins and precious things!
Given the circumstances, I'll dice to see which tunnel it is: Should it be a 5-6, Boggs, Anton, Morin, and Walfried will take Lemmi's tunnel. Otherwise, no.

(First die of 2018...) 1d6=4, aaaah well. Boggs, Morin, Walfried: over to thread 088 please.

'tis what is known as "a start" people...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16393

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:34 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron

Chiron flees the scene as the enraged wyrm dive-bombs his companions in the pit. Survival for them seems... improbable, but he shortens his own odds by scooting back to the wrecked boat room at pace. Once there, he sees the devil's own mate lies slain before him; a twisted black serpent is all it is... no greater than an elongate boar, it seems. Though, admittedly, in life it were a different matter! He locates the thing's crocodile snout, then unsheathes his dagger and begins his dentistry...
All alone... in near dark... if anything were to come along, he doesn't even have a watch looking out for him! Next wandering monster check will matter...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16393

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi

Lemmi aptly tucks herself down the nearest passage and melts into the shadows as if she were never there. Lucky thing that the Men and dwarf makes such a racket; drawing the dragon away from her like a charm. Only problem is... that leaves her all alone in a dark and dangerous place. Oh well. Them's the breaks.

Lemmi can't scarcely see a thing in the dim conditions. She's about 20-30ft into a dark passage, and reckons there's a door or arch on the right-hand side of the passage another 20ft in. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1178

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron the Mage

Perhaps somewhat belatedly realizing that no one else from his party is coming behind him, the reality of Chiron's solitary situation begins to sink in.

He abandons the dragon corpse and seeks out the corpses of his fallen companions. He searches their effects for a torch or oil, or both.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 356

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi is silent as the dead, fearing she might soon join them.

She waits in the passage for any indication of the wyrms movements.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16393

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:48 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron/The Boat Room

Chiron briskly riffles over the bodies of the fallen in the boat room, unearthing what remains of their worldly possessions in the semi-dark...
sully wrote:He abandons the dragon corpse and seeks out the corpses of his fallen companions. He searches their effects for a torch or oil, or both.

As far as I (distantly) recall, the fallen here were two Boggsmen. This being the case, perhaps Boggs could help out with what they were carrying? Were there any other unfortunates?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16393

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:55 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi

Lemmi shrinks into the shadows and is silent as a church mouse as she listens to the horrid thrashing and sniffing sounds going on in the lair, hardly 50ft away. She catches glimpses of the irate wyrm flicking back and forth as it stalks its lair; then pauses suddenly. It's onto a scent, she knows it. Please please pleeeeease Thuul let it not be hers!

Then with a snort and a scattering of coins, the monster surges down one of the other passages.

Lemmi allows herself to exhale. Verrry quietly.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1178

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Note that Chiron currently has a torch, so it shouldn't be semi-dark for him, right?

Alas, since he smashed his lantern against the dragon, he has but the one torch remaining.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software