Delve the Fourth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 91

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 am

Re: Delve the Fourth

Maloof fights beside Wiglaff!
User avatar

Posts: 644

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Rhod will fight whichever foe is closest.Bird-man, goblins, he'll fight any of them.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 911

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

BEGINNING OF SKIRMISH
Image

Wiglaff and Maloof act vigorously against the goblin horde, while Rhod readies himself for the birdman's charge. Vesh pauses, sizing up the situation, and Aldbane and Grampus wait to see if Vesh was going to act

Rhod cuts the birdman down in his tracks, and Wiglaff decapitates a goblin, but more burst through into the corridor, as Rhod has not yet had a chance to seal the west side. Their attacks fail to penetrate the armor

The birdman is dead, one goblin is down, and the battle is still undecidd

INITIATIVE
Party 6 Monsters 4 - Party wins

Rhod @birdman, rolls 18, hits for <1d6>=5 damage, killing it
Wiglaff @goblin, rolls 13, hits for <1d6+2>=8 damage, killing it
Maloof @goblin, rolls 11, miss

Goblin @Rhod, rolls 15, miss
Goblin @Wiglaff, rolls 3, miss
Goblin @Maloof, rolls 10, miss
User avatar

Posts: 363

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

"Perish, spawn of Chaos!" shouts Wiglaff in the elven tongue, swinging his bloodied ax with abandon!

He presses the attack, attempting to fight alongside Rhod & Maloof to push the goblins back through the door & then hold the doorway against them. If there is room for Aldbane or Grampus to fight with them, he'll eagerly make a place in the line.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 9", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 5/8, N) plate+helm, battle-axe (map)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 49

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Vesh will move forward & attack any Goblin that gets in range of his staff which he has clutched in both of his hands especially if his comrades are being surrounded.

He'll hold his sleep spell in case the melee draws the Kolbolds (there should be 6-7 left unless they killed each other)from earlier, as he doesn't want to accidentally catch his comrades in it if he were to cast upon the Goblins - unless things are dire, as he can always wake them up if nothing else comes because of the sounds of melee.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5
User avatar

Posts: 479

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Aldbane moves forward and attacks the nearest goblin!
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 931

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Grampus hates goblins! He pushes his way past Vesh, draws his magic sword, and tries to join the melee. The other dwarves are in shield wall formation, protecting the party against attack from the east.
User avatar

Posts: 644

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

After killing the birdman, Rhod turns back to fight the goblins.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 911

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Sadly for Grampus, by the time he gets to the melee there is no place for him, as Rhod, Wiglaff, Maloof and Aldbane have sealed off the area around the door, and are bringing the force of four people to bear on a front of 3 goblins. A mostly indecisive skirmish results in Wiglaff slaying a second goblin, who gets replaced by another eager opponent.

The next round is a slaughter, as all four party members land their attacks, collectively butchering the three goblins outside the door.

The remaining 3 goblins inside the room slam the door shut!

ROUND 2
INITIATIVE
Party 3, Goblins 4 Goblins attack first

goblin @Rhod, rolls 4 - miss
goblin @Wiglaff, rolls 2 - miss
goblin @Maloof, rolls 11 - miss

Rhod @goblin, rolls 11 - miss
Wiglaff @goblin, rolls 12 - hits for <1d6+2>=5 damage, killing it
Maloof @goblin, rolls 9 - miss
Aldbane @goblin, rolls 10 - miss

ROUND 3
INITIATIVE
Party 6, Goblins 2 Party attacks first

Rhod @goblin, rolls 18 - hits for <1d6>=3 damage, wounding one
Wiglaff @goblin, rolls 13 - hits for <1d6+2>=4 damage, killing the wounded goblin
Maloof @goblin, rolls 14 - hits for <1d6>=5, killing it
Aldbane @goblin, rolls 19 - hits for <1d6>=6, killing it
User avatar

Posts: 363

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

"Well done, friends!"

Is the door the bird-man came out of open or closed? If open, Wiglaff will move twenty feet west & peer quickly around the doorframe into the bird-man's room. If closed, he'll move to the door & listen for sounds from the other side.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 9", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 5/8, N) plate+helm, battle-axe (map)[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software