(034) A Spring Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 pm

tombowings wrote:
Pelenwin walks in "What all the ruckus? I was just trying to meditate and form a battle plan for tonight."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:09 am

danhem wrote:
Ulric goes to see what is going on in the ballroom. He pushes himself past Guntram and sees the others assembled in front of the fireplace.

"Gustave, what is this all about? We have a shell of a mansion, no real beds to sleep in, no food to speak of, goblins for servants, and what else? "

"You would think renting a house would be simple matter, eh? Not in Ket I suppose."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:32 am

tonneau wrote:
"More than that my dear Ulric", replies Gustave, stubbing out his cigar on the floor (careful not to get any ash on his new armour). "We also have a secret basement full of giant vermin", he says, standing and beginning to remove his shoulder plates.

"I prefer wine in the cellar, myself", he continues, moving to the breast plate, "so I guess we will have to do some housework before we can relax".

He places the breastplate carefully on the ground and eyes the opening in the fireplace with pursed lips, looks himself over again, then sighs and start removing his thigh plates.

"As for goblins - lets hope they can cook well is all I have to say. If not, then I warrant our imaginative hobbit chef can create something of a nice stew out of aged greenskins."

Thigh plates off, he wanders over the the narrow opening and sizes himself up again. Happy, he turns back to the gathered crowd. "Right then - shall we?", he asks with a beaming grin.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm

doctorx wrote:
Josiane raises her eyes Heavenward at Gustave's suggestion of cooking the hired help. "But at least he isn't trying to beat them to death," she thinks to herself.

"I suggest caution," she says quietly; "Let us at least make sure the servants are not on the premises when we investigate. If I understand matters aright they have been sent by the Trader's Concourse, which seems to be in the pocket of the Goblins, and of Grumolg in particular. And behind him stands a power far darker.."

She looks at Gustave and company with a sad smile; "You, my friends, seem to have made quite the nuisance of yourselves regarding their plans for these Hinterlands and Goblins are not stupid. A large party of armed warriors arrives out of the Wild laden with sacks of silver and renting manor houses?"

She sighs, seemingly uttering the following with great regret.

"I hope I am wrong. Truly. But if there is not at least one spy amongst the household staff I shall consider us blessed."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 pm

mushgnome wrote:
doctorx wrote: "I hope I am wrong. Truly. But if there is not at least one spy amongst the household staff I shall consider us blessed."
"All the more reason to feed them to the halfling," suggests Highbough, "or send them to clean the cellar."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:50 pm

doctorx wrote:
Josiane sighs inwardly. Clearly this is going to require calm and patience...

"Perhaps we might content ourselves with sending them out to purchase food instead?" she suggests with an appealing smile; "Our cupboards do seem to be all but bare..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:54 pm

sulldawga wrote:
Dorgan scratches his beard again, with bits of dust from the basement flying off into the air.

"Uh, ain't there any Men in this town that we can hire? Who sez we gotta keep the Gobbos on?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:38 pm

coffee wrote:
(To be honest, I haven't a clue how many will be joining us for dinner tonight! I presume Dieter would know better than his player.)

Dieter digs in his pouch and pulls out 15 silver pieces.

"Get what you can with that. There will be { DM please fill in a reasonable number here } for dinner this evening. A nice roast of beef or pork, perhaps."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:21 pm

eris wrote:
eris wrote:"So, who do we have here? " Olaf says, "The missing servants?"

Olaf walks down the stairs and over to Goblins, "I am called Olaf. What are we to call you? "

Although, he is talking to the old Goblin Olaf keeps glancing at Dieter and Josiane trying to figure out what the problem is.
Olaf seems perplexed with the frozen, silent, Goblin standing before him and with both Josiane and Dieter wandering off with nary a word to him.

"It's almost like I'm a ghost or something." Olaf thinks to himself as he awaits a reply to his question to the Goblin..."What are we to call you?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:45 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:"So, who do we have here? " Olaf says, "The missing servants?"

Olaf walks down the stairs and over to Goblins, "I am called Olaf. What are we to call you? "
"Ahhh, Master Olaf," says the elderly Goblin gentleman with the bruised face, "I am Bennug the butler, at your service, Sir," he bows deeply and quite gracefully (for an aged fellow). Clearly he has done so many times, and is well practiced.

"And this," he indicates a gruff Goblin madame with a grey bun of hair who is ordering the other Goblins about to clean up the kitchen and dinning hall, "is our House Mistress, Piganne, and her staff,"

Return to “Hinterlands”