(032) Another Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:44 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Olaf & Dieter; The Crumenal

Dieter now has a total of 14gp and 469sp in his purse and a sack which is twice as bulky as his filthy leather armour.

Olaf now has 6gp and 437sp in his purse and a sack which is as bulky as his filthy coat of mail.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:04 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Josiane, Ulric and Highbough; The Concourse Lobby

The grumpy concierge is taken a-gasp when he realises that Highbough is of the Fair Folk, his demeanor immediately changing from tetchy to excessively nervous.

"We don't have many of the Fair Folk here in Ket, I'm sure," he diddles, "Perhaps Trader Eduard might know better, he has dealings with the Ivory Wold, I believe..."

Josiane's display of humility and good manner seems to calm him somewhat, and he adjusts his tight neck-collar as he straightens his bent spine somewhat.

To Ulric he replies, "All that is required is for any Trader to vouch for you as your Patron, and to cover the fees of course. The resources of the Concourse are for purpose at the disposal of the Traders..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:20 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gustave, Desmond, Wibert, Dorgan & Pelenwin; The Temple of Thuul

Dorgan waits in the temple, listening to the on-going chorus. The great and deep resonance and full echoes please his ear somewhat...

Meanwhile, Pelenwin leads the others down the aisle of pews, then takes a left to leave the chamber via a side door and enters into a warren of cool, stone passages. They are plain, but clean, and soon he has found the way to the Deacon's office.

He knows from experience that the Deacon will not be pleased to be disturbed. And nor will he be pleased to takes guests unannounced. By Pelenwin's own wisdom, he thinks it might go better if he goes in alone..?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:01 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

tombowings wrote:
"I think it might be best if you wait out here." Pelenwin notions to his companions. "Deacon does not like to be disturbed nor have unannounced guests. But this grave digging problem has gone on long enough. Unless you've got a better plan, I'm going in alone."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:14 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

tonneau wrote:
"As you wish old chap", replies Gustave, content to lean against the wall and feel seedy, "but lets move it along shall we?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:38 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

danhem wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:To Ulric he replies, "All that is required is for any Trader to vouch for you as your Patron, and to cover the fees of course. The resources of the Concourse are for purpose at the disposal of the Traders..."
"Alas, we are new to Ket and do not know any of the Traders. Perhaps you could provide some advice on how to find one to serve as our Patron? I would be most grateful for your assistance."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:16 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

mushgnome wrote:
danhem wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:To Ulric he replies, "All that is required is for any Trader to vouch for you as your Patron, and to cover the fees of course. The resources of the Concourse are for purpose at the disposal of the Traders..."
"Alas, we are new to Ket and do not know any of the Traders. Perhaps you could provide some advice on how to find one to serve as our Patron? I would be most grateful for your assistance."
"I can speak to this Trader Eduard on our behalf," whispers Highbough to Ulric.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:52 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

doctorx wrote:
"A wise course to pursue, but potentially a lengthy one," Josiane chips in softly; "Perhaps if you seek out this Eduard while I wait until eleven and enter the library? I imagine my own researches are far more rudimentary than those you learned sirs may wish to undertake."

She stands, looking somewhat nervously at her sorcerous colleagues, a little unsure if she was meant to overhear the last remark...

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gustave, Desmond, Wibert, Dorgan & Pelenwin; The Temple of Thuul

Dorgan is patiently listening to monks singing in the chapel.

Gustave, Desmond and Wibert are waiting in a cool, austere stone passageway outside the Deacon's study.

Pelenwin raps upon the door, and enters...

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:57 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Pelenwin; The Deacon's Study

The Deacon's office is a rather spacious, but bare stone chamber. The fireplace is unlit, so it is cool... bordering on cold inside. A single, narrow window admits light, its glass pane grubby for want of cleaning.

The Deacon himself is seated behind a broad desk of dark timber in an equally dark and unadorned chair. These furnishings look even more aged that he. The walls behind him are covered with high cases of books and tomes... it is a most impressive collection.

Pelenwin spies Wibert's dagger upon the desk, near to a pile of dusty old tomes and scrolls, and a half emptied bottle of brandy.

"Ah, our good Armiger, Pelenwin," says the Deacon with a curl of the lip which might -- if Pelenwin didn't know better -- be half a smile. "I trust your meditations have brought the wisdom you sought?"

(While tombowings was away, Pelenwin had entered a "retreat" to meditate upon his future course in life; would he continue to risk life and limb as a Knight errant? Or would he "retire" to a more sensible life? This is what the Deacon is asking about...)

Return to “Hinterlands”