(032) Another Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:20 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

tonneau wrote:
Gustave, growing tired of the seemingly endless banter inside - in addition to his own growing sense of malaise - clears his throat vociferously, but is caught unawares as this soon degenerates into an uncontrollable flurry of coughing, phlegm clearing and nasal dribbling.

He is soon on the floor, gibbering meekly.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Pelenwin; The Deacon's Study

"There is no need to remind me where your loyalties lie, Armiger," grumbles the Deacon when Pelenwin reminds him that he is in fact a Knight of the Seal.

"According to our tradition, Seyal was ever the pupil of Thuul," says the Deacon, turning his head sharply to focus a beady eye upon Pelenwin, "Though I have heard it told otherwise by your own mininsters..."

He hobbles about awkwardly as he speaks.

"But out here in the Hinterlands, there is little enough room for such differences in theologies. If you take up this task, Sir Pelenwin, and rid Ket of these grave robbing filth, then I will think better of the Knights of the Hollow Citadel... I might even grant you access to our Sanctum wherein are our most Holy Scriptures."

From out in the hallway there all of a sudden comes a great fit of coughing and sneezing.

"What bedevilment is this?" gasps the Deacon, then "Armiger! Drag this eaves-dropper before me!" he hisses.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Josiane, Ulric and Highbough; The Concourse Lobby

Very well.

Josiane takes up a position in the Lobby near to the concierge's desk to wait, while Ulric and Highbough head toward the main audience chamber, where the merchants and their aides are milling like flies over fresh dung.

A set of enormous double door are thrown wide open so that the boisterous crowd can access an amphitheatre beyond, which the pair can scarcely glimpse through the thick crowd.

The merchant folk are Men and Snorks in equal numbers, and all are richly dressed in finely cut trousers, shirts, striped waist-coats with shiny buttons, neck ties, glossy black shoes, and capes and tall hats. Half of them seems to carry walking canes, or eye glasses, or great ledgers of scroll and papers, and all are debating hotly with one another about some unfathomable matter...

...the general movement of the throng is into the amphitheatre, though as they get nearer Ulric and Highbough attract various disdainful glances, and both become acutely aware that they are magnificently under-dressed for whatever this occasion might be.

At the entry way they now see that there are a pair of regally dressed guardsmen and a scribe checking the names of those who enter off a great scroll. The pair of guards already seem to have identified them as potential trouble makers...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:23 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough casually backs away from the guards and foppish Snorks. Just a disoriented, harmless old man, nothing to see here... more Old Ben than Darth Maul. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

He will give Josiane and Ulric the slip, exit the lobby, and look for an unguarded window or dark balcony where he can eavesdrop on the meeting in the amphitheater below.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:31 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

danhem wrote:
Ulric catches the guard's eyes and approaches them as innocently as possible.

"Hello," he begins humbly. "I am a scholar new to Ket. I am seeking a Trader by the name of Eduard. I am looking for him to be my Patron for my application for membership to the Concourse."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:47 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

tombowings wrote:
Pelenwin scrambles over to the door. "Those are my associates, dear Deacon. Their curiosity has got the better of them, a am afraid. Please allow me to straiten them out. Eventually they will come to see the light."

If Pelenwin is allowed, he will deal with his friends on his own. Otherwise, he will agree to bring them before the Deacon.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

doctorx wrote:
Josiane continues to linger in the lobby, still eyeing the Goblin traders out of the corner of her eye and listening surruptitiously for any mention of the name Grumolg...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:24 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Pelenwin; The Deacon's Study
tombowings wrote:Pelenwin scrambles over to the door. "Those are my associates, dear Deacon. Their curiosity has got the better of them, a am afraid. Please allow me to straiten them out. Eventually they will come to see the light."
"Be gone then!" utters the Deacon, waving his hand in the general direction of the door, allowing Pelenwin to hurry out and find his companions in the corridore.

Gustave is coughing and spluttering on the floor.

Mondes is muttering and swearing like a trooper (as usual).

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:32 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Josiane; The Concourse Lobby

Josiane keeps herself out of the way, allowing the steady stream of Traders and their associated hangers-on to file past her as they make their way from the plaza (outside), through the grand lobby (past her) and to the amphitheater. There is no shortage of Snorks among them, but these seem to be treated no differently to the Men. They are dressed equally finely, if not to an even richer standard, with their puce and tawny waist-coats bursting to contain their fat little bellies. The lot of them are preoccupied with discussion of the political sort, it seems, and none give any more than a cursory glance to the vagabond knight as they pass... she must have heard the name Grumolg, or others that sound very similar, mentioned at least a dozen times already... it seems the Snork Trader is the talk of the town.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:46 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric; The Concourse Amphitheater

Ulric approaches the guards by the amphitheater entry, amid a great gaggle of mercantile folk who are all pressing to get into the place.

The guard looks annoyed when Ulric distracts him from his otherwise uncomplicated duty.

"Do I look like a dapifer to you?" asks the guard rhetorically, "Direct your questions to the Master Chamberlain here,".

Right next to the door is a very busy fellow with the appearance of a withered crow. He is dressed in a plain but luxuriant black robe, with a black velvet cape over this thin shoulders, and an inky silk mantilla drawn over his pate.

Each person pauses at the door, gives their name to the chamberlain, who makes them off on a long scroll of names before nodding them through...

Return to “Hinterlands”