(030) The Plough and Furrow

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:36 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
rleduc wrote:"If there be enough others to guard here, I'll accompany you," Guntrum says. "I fear for those two mucking about on their own."
"Aye, I'll join you, as well," Desmond adds, glancing at the cold iron axe nervously. Yeah, he'll bring it.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

eris wrote:
I will stay and guard the coin. I feel the need for a rest right now.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:12 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very well.

Guntram, Gustave and Desmond/Mondes take their leave of the Plough and Furrow, taking their adventuring gear with them. Who knows what trouble Josiane and Dorgan will uncover up at the cemetery?

(Please keep an eye on thread 031, you will be making an entrance there shortly.
Note also that Gustave and Desmond/Mondes are both still considered 1st level fighters.)

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:59 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric and Highbough; The Traders' Concourse

The concierge inspects Ulric's and Highbough's inscriptions for a moment, before relenting and issuing each with a small blue ribbon to be pinned upon one's lapel.

"Very well. The library is down stairs, and then it's the fourth door to your left, and the stairs all the way to the basement."

The pair see that a broad set of stairs descend grandly at the the end of this entry hall, flanked on either side by narrower stairs which climb up to a mezzanine level.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:02 am

mushgnome wrote:
"Lead the way, Ulric," gestures Highbough.

He bows grandly before starting down the long stairs.

"Have you been here before? What's the plan?" he whispers halfway down.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:52 am

danhem wrote:
Ulric follows the familiar path down to the library.

"I have indeed spent time here before. There is a small corner where the knowledge we seek is kept. A previous companion and I uncovered some interesting secrets the last time I was in Ket. There is more there to learn. Perhaps something about these items as well."

Ulric makes his way to the library, keeping his eye out for the old librarian.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 am

heartless wrote:
eris wrote:I will stay and guard the coin. I feel the need for a rest right now.
Wibert will join Olaf to guard the money and will get a bit to eat and put his feet up, but will an eye open so no one can sneak up on Wibert the shadow.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:50 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:

Ulric and Highbough make their way down stairs to the busy registry area of the concourse, where countless clerks and scribes of Man- and Snork-kind hurry about their business amid sways of scrolls and papers.

They take the forth door to the left, and follow a smaller stair down to the archives in the bowels of the concourse, where all is quiet and dark.

It does not take long before the ancient, blind librarian comes padding toward them with his lonely lantern. He is bent doubled, and his long while hair reaches almost to the ground.

"Good day, Sirs," he almost whispers, his head swinging back and forth slowly, "What do you seek of the archives?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:57 am

danhem wrote:
"Hello again," Ulric says to the librarian. "We seek to gain some knowledge and insight into two items we found in our journeys. They are of a, special, nature and are marked by some unknown power."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:

"Master Ulric, isn't it?" whispers the aged librarian with a faint smile, "Good to hear you are safely returned... the world is full of ill-doers and misfortunes, I'm told. But not down here in the library. Here you'll find it safe and quiet, I think..." he gives a happy wheeze of a chuckle.

The fellow reaches slowly for a second miniature lantern from the wall and lights it from his own, then hands it toward Ulric.

"You know your way around, I believe" he says, "If you need me just call out. I will be about."

Return to “Hinterlands”