(029) Return to Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:54 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric, Victor; The Holdfasts

Buyin' an'mals now is it? says the old fella, scratching his chin as he eyes Ulric and Victor up and down with a new eye.

I might have a billy goat ta spare, I reckons, he says thoughtfully, a smirk pulling at his jowls "If you got tha purse for it, that is... I'll sell 'im to ya fer ten silver coin."

"Ten?!" snorts Victor, "I'd buy two goats for that you gnarled old crook!"

The old fella's smirk hardens to a frown. "Nine then, take 'im or leave 'im."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:10 pm

(029) Return to Ket

danhem wrote:
"No thank you," Ulric says as politely as possible. "We are not interested in goats. I thank you for your time."

Ulric, convinced that these farmers have nothing to offer waves goodbye gathers the scowling Victor and sets off to return to the rest of the group.

OOC: No more stops. I think we should regroup and get into town before they close the gates on us.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
A Mile Outside Ket

At last the group waiting patiently spy Victor and Ulric returning. Without any mule or cart.

When they rejoin the group, Victor is in a foul temper, spitting and swearing about the local "idiots" and "thieves".

There is probably an hour of daylight left now. Dusk approaches.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:25 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:A Mile Outside Ket

At last the group waiting patiently spy Victor and Ulric returning. Without any mule or cart.

When they rejoin the group, Victor is in a foul temper, spitting and swearing about the local "idiots" and "thieves".

There is probably an hour of daylight left now. Dusk approaches.
"Let's gather up the sacks of coin and head into town." Olaf says, "Desmond, I guess you'll just have to risk going in like you are or stay out here on your own."

"Wibert, give me a hand digging out the sacks from where you hid them." Olaf will put practice to his word and pull out the sacks and shoulder a load, "I suppose if we have to we have enough silver here to bribe a guard or two to look the other direction."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 pm

(029) Return to Ket

tonneau wrote:
"Yes, perhaps the concept of eye-holes is a little too lofty, a sack will do good man" says Gustave, trying not to wince at the stupidity of commoners.

"I will be returning with several acquaintances in need of rooms", he adds, shouldering the sack and heading for the door, "My friends here will furnish you with some coin for rooms - with baths."

"I'll be back" he says to Dieter and Koch, and disappears in a cloud of blue smoke.

Outside, he heads for the gate and his waiting comrades - en route fashioning the conceptually challenging eye-holes himself.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:43 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Dieter, Koch; The Plough and Furrow

Albert scratches his head, completely mystified, as Gustave strides off with the potato sacks.

But he soon forgets about it as several more customers begin arriving at his common room for meals and drafts. He plonks a huge platter of thirty sandwiches in front of Dieter and Koch before moving to serve others.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
A Mile Outside Ket

No sooner has the company uncovered their concealed treasure sacks and prepared to march into Ket do they spy The Gustave approaching. He seems to have a bundle of Hessian under his arm, and is looking inordinately pleased with himself.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:49 pm

(029) Return to Ket

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond glares at Gustave incredulously, "Burlap?? You brought a burlap sack? Well, I can see where we might not have enough coin for a true cloak..." He pointedly stares at the bags of silver and copper coins currently among the party's possessions.

For a second, the look of perturbance on Desmond's face makes it hard to tell him apart from Mondes...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:A Mile Outside Ket

No sooner has the company uncovered their concealed treasure sacks and prepared to march into Ket do they spy The Gustave approaching. He seems to have a bundle of Hessian under his arm, and is looking inordinately pleased with himself.
Olaf shakes his head and mutters to those with him, "Took him long enough."

Louder he says, "Okay, let's get inside the town's walls before they shut the gates on us."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:02 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Desmond glares at Gustave incredulously, "Burlap?? You brought a burlap sack? Well, I can see where we might not have enough coin for a true cloak..." He pointedly stares at the bags of silver and copper coins currently among the party's possessions.

For a second, the look of perturbance on Desmond's face makes it hard to tell him apart from Mondes...
"You can find a way to pay him back for his...efforts...such as they were, later." Olaf says, "For now, we need to get a move on!"

Olaf will wait only long enough to stuff as much of the treasure into the sacks as he can carry before heading for town. He expects it will be the same with the others in the party.

Return to “Hinterlands”