(029) Return to Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:23 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Holdfasts

Ulric and Victor give up on identifying the Hubert plot by sight, as all the farmstead hereabouts look pretty much the same, and with spring just around the corner the fields might as well be on another planet compared to those they marched through two weeks ago.

The pair instead approach the nearest farmstead, and more or less immediately come across the residents.

"'Lo thar," says a farmer in grubby coveralls, leaning on a shovel. "Wot kin we do fer ye?". He is a stout, middle aged fellow with a busy steel grey beard protruding from beneath a beaten old straw hat.

Nearby is a women of similar proportions in a voluminous, grubby dress and apron. She appears to have been cutting herbs until just now, for she has a large bunch of cuttings cupped in a fold of her apron, and a scissor in her other paw.

The pair of them have a... dubious look about them.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:32 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Plough and Furrow

Gustave confidently throws open the doors of the Plough's common room, and is immediately greeted by a wave of the most delicious, homely cooking and warmth. Dieter and Koch are on his heels, and all three revel in the astonishing feeling of comfort!

"Ahhhh!" all three Men sigh involuntarily. Now this is what it's all about.

"Gent'elmen!" declares the familiar rotund figure of Albert, as he comes bobbing out of the kitchens with a wash-towel over his shoulder as ever. "Wot kin oi do your good selves?"

His memory never was very sharp, and he shows no sign of recognising any of you now. Mind, all of you are in a royally unrecognisable state, but Albert doesn't seem to mind; most of his customers are grubby farm folk in any case.

The common room is mostly empty, but a fair guess says it will be full to the rafters in an hour or two.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:40 am

(029) Return to Ket

danhem wrote:
Ulric regards the farmer and his wife carefully.

"Hello. My friend and I are in the market for a mule. You wouldn't happen to have any for sale would you?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric and Victor; The Holdfasts

The farmer scratches his head thoughtfully for a moment, then laughs.

"If ye think this 'ere is the markets, you's more stupid then ye looks," chortles the farmer.

"Markets ain't 'til afta tha new moon," confirms his wife, tetchily.

By the corner of his eye, Ulric sees Victor spit ferociously. The Man truly has no patience.

(1d6=4)

"But if it's a mule you's after," says the farmer after settling himself down, "You's might ask them Trevors, yound'r,". He gives a vague sweep of his hand toward the next hill.

"Them Trevors," repeats the woman.

"Talk is they's might be sellin' animals orf come market day,".

At the mention of the "market" he bursts into a laugh again.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:02 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
Olaf sits upon his rock and drums his fingers on his thigh, glancing at the sinking sun, "Seems like they've been gone a long time. I mean all they was to do was buy an over sized cloak or hood for Des/Mon here.

He adds with a frown and a grumble, "If they'd a taken the coin with them, I'd a thought they done run off on us, but here we sit with bags of coin all in sight of the town gates. I don't intend to sit the night on this, here, rock. I want a beer, fresh bread, a bath and a soft bed...and I ain't getting it sitting on this, here, rock!"

"If'en they don't get back here soon, I say we heft up as much of this silver as we can carry and leave *their* coins behind and head for the town."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 pm

(029) Return to Ket

tonneau wrote:
"What can you...what can you do for us? Ah...where to begin!" replies Gustave to the portly republican, mouth drooling at the bonanza of foody smells, "How about some scones to start with...then some rooms...some wine, a cigar...and some information."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:24 am

(029) Return to Ket

heartless wrote:
"Don't worry Olaf they will be back, and then we can enjoy some real food and rest in town. If they don't come back I guess all this treasure will be ours. Lets hid and cover this teasure with some bushes and wait tight", says Wibert.

Wibert will memorize the location where they are hidding the treasure.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:46 am

(029) Return to Ket

rleduc wrote:
Guntrum looks anxiously up and down the road for either Ulric or Gustave, keeping watch for any travelers on the road that are taking too much note of the group.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:21 am

(029) Return to Ket

danhem wrote:
"My thanks," Ulric says to the farmer and his wife. "Good day to you."

Ulric departs while keeping a watchful eye.

"I wonder if either of us have the silver tongue necessary for this task," he says to Victor. "Besides, I don't trust most of these locals any more than I trust the goblins. Let's head back to the others. Perhaps we can find a way to hide most of the silver on our person and stash the copper somewhere to retrieve later."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 am

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gustave, Dieter, Koch; The Plough and Furrow

"Well, err, beggin' yer pardon Sir, but we don't do scones 'til the mornin'," replies Albert apologetically, "Rooms we do 'ave," he continues, checking Gustave's list off on his chubby fingers, "wine io kin certainly do fer you, cigars too, and err... in-fer-mation io'm not so sure ov,"

"We shoudl probably send word to the others..." says Koch, looking about the place briefly, before setting himself down at the nearest long table (alignment=neutral, wisdom=11), "But not before I wet my whistle! Inn-keeper, fetch me a mighty tankard of your best ale! I have a sore need, I can tell you!"

"Absolutely moi good Sir!" says Albert, and hops to it.

Return to “Hinterlands”