(026) Happenstance in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:50 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
"We'll leave you to think about it," says Hugo, when it is clear that Mads and Percy are not as forthcoming as perhaps they might have guessed.

"To think about it," repeats Ingolf, giving a much larger, heavy purse on his belt a meaningful rattle as the two of them get up to leave...

"A pleasure making your acquaintances gentlemen," says Hugo, with a smile and a bow... and with that the merchants make for the door.

The paper and the purse remain on the table.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Meanwhile; DoctorX, your adventure begins... now.

Josaine arrived in Ket two days ago, traveling with a group of merchants and their three wagons. These were in a foul mood after being forced to surrender a quarter of their goods to Hobgoblin soldiery at a "check point" along the Hinterlands road into Ket. They were none too pleased about it, but had little choice in the matter, and complained of it ceaselessly there after.

Josaine has no head for figures, so she kept out of it.

Upon arrival she visited the humble temple of Thuul in town (incognito) and has been contemplating her next step these past few days as her coin runs ever lower...

This morning she happened into a tavern called The Jolly Noose, whereupon she slowly supped a cup of hot tea while she thought. She could not but help overhear the strange conversation which just took place a couple of tables away...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:02 pm

doctorx wrote:
The fair young maiden with the short-cut fawn brown hair and the blue-grey eyes looks up from her tea and smiles. "Lady, I thank thee for thy guidance," she thinks to herself.

Then she crosses to the table where Mads and Percenier are seated.

"Friends, greetings. May I join thee? It may be we are fated to walk the same path for a time..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Valandil wrote:
Percy looks interested at the gal, and says:

"Yes, sit down. My name's Percenier Veillantif, but you can call me Percy- [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]-, and this is Mads here. How should we adress you? What brings you here to Ket?"

OOC: I guess it's fine to rp a bit this, right? I mean, before introducing her to our new... job.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:38 pm

doctorx wrote:
"Percy, Mads;" the girl says, seating herself opposite them gracefully and flashing them a charming, innocent smile, seemlingly oblivious to the proffered wink; "I am Josiane, a humble knight in the service of Thuul and Saint Tamarae, praise to them both."

She lowers her voice; "Your pardon, but yon merchants spoke loudly, and I have heard similar concerns voiced by others during my journey here. If you mean to investigate the circumstances of the people of this town I would gladly pledge myself to your cause." She frowns; "Though I advise caution. Merchants can be driven by more than a simple desire to help their fellow man. I am uncertain in my heart as to their motives. But fate has drawn me hither, for good or ill, and an investigation should make matters clearer to us all."

She smiles again; "What say you?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Valandil wrote:
Percenier says, kind of dissapointed:

"Oh, a knight, in the service of a Saint, no less... well, thats... interesting, yes. I see no problem in you joining us, but I warn you: we may have to do some dirty work... for the good of our pockets, and the good of the populace as well, of course."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
The paper and the fat little purse remain ominously untouched upon the table before the three...

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Valandil wrote:
Percenier will give the purse to Mads, and tells him to count how much coin is in there (with discretion, naturally), and procedes to examine the paper.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 pm

doctorx wrote:
Valandil wrote:Percenier says, kind of dissapointed:

"Oh, a knight, in the service of a Saint, no less... well, thats... interesting, yes. I see no problem in you joining us, but I warn you: we may have to do some dirty work... for the good of our pockets, and the good of the populace as well, of course."
"Helping those in need is in no way 'dirty work,' friend Percenier," says Josiane earnestly; "And if our cause be noble, My Lady will see to it that our methods are too."

And she sits back smiling, as if that's made everything perfectly clear.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 pm

verhaden wrote:
Mads the Enlightened

Mads pockets the purse quickly and with subtlety. He doesn't say a word or even look up at Josiane, and lets the clockwork gears in his mind work their way around again.

Return to “Hinterlands”