(023) Breakfast at Saxxon's

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 pm

tombowings wrote:
Tis a good plan, Ulric. But I suggest flame over sleep," says Pelenwin. "If you would like assistance, allow me to quiet you feet and words with a prayer; Surprise is key to your daring plan."

"I myself will remain upon the floor; firing an arrow or quarrel is against I order. Who will assist me in making a stand and defending Ulric.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 06, 2011 4:48 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond looks about frantically like a kid caught with his hands in the cookie jar at the sound of the booming voice from outside. He takes a deep breath and then nervously draws his sword and a dagger.

Upon hearing Ulric's suggestion to attack from above, he thinks about the discussion from the previous night on what stairs and doors were trammeled and trapped...

OOC: I'm pretty sure Highbough trapped the NW stairs, right? Is there a door from that stairwell to this main floor? If so, is that door trammeled at this point? If not, I'm thinking some of us could try and sneak up the stairs to get the high ground. Since we know about the trap, we could get the trapdoor opened without injury, though it might make some noise. Even if it does make noise (crashing stones), the minions clearing the rubble away from the gate shouldn't be able to hear it very well because of the noise they're making...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 06, 2011 4:51 pm

eris wrote:
Olaf finishes donning his armor and takes up his bow and quiver of arrows, "Don't you think that getting up on the battlements might be a good idea. It would give us the high ground against whoever is banging on the gate outside."

"I'll lead a couple of our best archers up there and maybe our magic user should join us, too." Olaf finishes as he starts for the door leading to the stairs.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 pm

coffee wrote:
Dieter will go out to the gatehouse to join Gustave, Pelenwin and Ulric.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Professor P wrote:
KOCH will man the walls and sling stones from above.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 pm

tombowings wrote:
In the meantime, Pelenwin begins to dawn his armor.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 06, 2011 7:25 pm

heartless wrote:
Wibert will go up top to have a look with his short bow ready. He looks to see if he recognizes anyone?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 07, 2011 12:38 am

tonneau wrote:
"My good man", begins Gustave, his voice ringing clear and true above the clunk of metal and stones, then halting as he is wracked by a sudden bout of coughing.

Wiping his soiled sleeve across his mouth, he begins again, "My good man...men. You have business with Saxxon it would seem?"

"Would I be overly presumptive to guess that you are not necessarily among his dearest of friends?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote: OOC: I'm pretty sure Highbough trapped the NW stairs, right? Is there a door from that stairwell to this main floor? If so, is that door trammeled at this point? If not, I'm thinking some of us could try and sneak up the stairs to get the high ground. Since we know about the trap, we could get the trapdoor opened without injury, though it might make some noise. Even if it does make noise (crashing stones), the minions clearing the rubble away from the gate shouldn't be able to hear it very well because of the noise they're making...
Highbough's Trammel expired at sunrise.

Both the trapdoors from the SE and NW towers up to the battlements were trapped from above. The trapdoor from the NE tower up to the battlements was not trapped.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 07, 2011 12:55 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Mess Hall

Pelenwin tramps back into the mess-hall to hastily pull on his (now rather dirty) shirt of white mail, as Ulric, Dieter and Victor exit into the courtyard and move to back up Gustave...

Meanwhile in the mess hall, Highbough continues his morning meditations, unfazed by the sudden activity happening all about him (he requires only another 10 minutes or so to refresh his memory or The Trammel).

Return to “Hinterlands”