Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Out Of Character

ragnorakk wrote:
A question - I'm asking because I do not want to 'abuse' the seer's lore abilities: the the layout of Moria something known/knowable? Not on a 10'x grid map, but say - would it be known to the interested dwarf or seer what one can expect to find at the top of the stair, as regards the architectural features/rooms/chambers?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Out Of Character

crusssdaddy wrote:
ragnorakk wrote:A question - I'm asking because I do not want to 'abuse' the seer's lore abilities: the the layout of Moria something known/knowable? Not on a 10'x grid map, but say - would it be known to the interested dwarf or seer what one can expect to find at the top of the stair, as regards the architectural features/rooms/chambers?
Great question!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:17 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
ragnorakk wrote:A question - I'm asking because I do not want to 'abuse' the seer's lore abilities: the the layout of Moria something known/knowable? Not on a 10'x grid map, but say - would it be known to the interested dwarf or seer what one can expect to find at the top of the stair, as regards the architectural features/rooms/chambers?
A seer knows much lore, including any recorded histories or accountings of travels to and from and within Moria. Anything you can dig up on the web regarding Middle Earth in general, and Moria specifically, I'll considered to be part of your seer's knowledge. That includes any maps or descriptions of the major features and/or chambers within Moria.

Any maps you happen to find may or may not be reliable, of course...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:34 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
FYI -- I'm back at the helm. Business as usual resumes... now.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:41 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Calethina -- Soval and his troopers are all burdened by their copious store of adventuring gear. Presumably you are planning to leave the bulk of it behind at the camp site?

Soval (Man F4, AC2/5, HD 4+2, hp 18/18, Load 26/17)
Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {186sp}, Waterskin {2 quarts} (1), Trail rations {2 days}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Shield large (1), Pole axe (2), Sword (1), Dagger, Crossbow (1), boltcase (1), bolts {20}, candles {3}, chalk {3}, Crowbar (1), Hemp rope, 60ft (2), Grappling hook (1), Iron spikes {12} (1), Sacks {3}, Wine skin {2 quarts} (1), Whetstone, lit lantern {22/24} (1), Oil flasks {5} (5).

Beranger (Man F1, AC5/5, HD 1+4, hp 8/8, Load 15/12)
Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {6sp}, Waterskin {2 quarts} (1), Trail rations {2 days}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Dagger, Crossbow (1), Boltcase (1), bolts {20}, Pole axe (2), Shovel (2), sacks {2}, wineskin {2 quarts} (1).

Grim (Man F1, AC5/5, HD 1+4, hp 5/5, Load 15/12)
Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {6sp}, Waterskin {2 quarts} (1), Trail rations {2 days}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Dagger, Crossbow (1), Boltcase (1), bolts {20}, Pole axe (2), Shovel (2), sacks {2}, wineskin {2 quarts} (1).

Einar (Man F1, AC4/5, HD 1+4, hp 9/9, Load 16/12)
Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {6sp}, Waterskin {2 quarts} (1), Trail rations {2 days}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Dagger, Longbow (1), Quiver (1), arrows {20}, Sword (1), Large shield (2), sacks {2}, wineskin {2 quarts} (1), Hemp rope, 60ft (2).

Ran (Man F1, AC4/5, HD 1+4, hp 8/8, Load 16/12)
Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {6sp}, Waterskin {2 quarts} (1), Trail rations {2 days}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Dagger, Longbow (1), Quiver (1), arrows {20}, Sword (1), Large shield (2), sacks {2}, wineskin {2 quarts} (1), Hemp rope, 60ft (2).

Sutherland (Man F1, AC4/5, HD 1+4, hp 6/6, Load 21/12)
Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {6sp}, Waterskin {2 quarts} (1), Trail rations {2 days}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Dagger, Longbow (1), Quiver (1), arrows {20}, Sword (1), Large shield (2), sacks {2}, wineskin {2 quarts} (1), Hooded lantern (1), Tinderbox, Oil flasks {6} (6).

Hallam (Man F1, AC4/5, HD 1+4, hp 6/6, Load 21/12)
Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {6sp}, Waterskin {2 quarts} (1), Trail rations {2 days}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Dagger, Longbow (1), Quiver (1), arrows {20}, Sword (1), Large shield (2), sacks {2}, wineskin {2 quarts} (1), Hooded lantern (1), Tinderbox, Oil flasks {6} (6).

edit: corrected bulk for daggers.
edit: updated Soval's oil and lantern, and purse for purchase of Ned the mule.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ragnorakk -- check your messages.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:59 am

Out Of Character

ragnorakk wrote:
I am trying to come up with some ideas of marching order/groupings & strategies for us - if anyone has some ideas in these regards, I am interested to hear!

One thing is that this is one of the only points that we don't have to worry (so much) about enemies before and behind. Perhaps our fighting men charge in and try to dispatch the bad guys just inside so that they don't have time to alert others? Some of us could stay behind with some of the extra gear to lighten the immediate fighting load and serve as a 'safe point' if anyone needs to (& has the opportunity to!) back off. Perhaps the sneaks might follow behind and see what can be seen

I'm a seer and not much cut out for combats myself, but I'd suggest a charge! (typical armchair general! [img]images/smiley/cheesy.png[/img] Not too far, but to eliminate the ones who've seen us... dwarves in the halls is some news that might get around!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Out Of Character

calithena wrote:
Soval has used an oil flask for his lantern, so he's down to 5 now, maybe with a mostly full lantern still if the DM is generous. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Seems like you charged the men 2 encumbrance each for daggers?

But all that aside, I am wondering if we can retroactively buy a mule or draft horse. I am not sure how we would have lugged all that stuff overland here without it in the first place! If not I will assume we stumbled here under heavy loads and come up with some stuff to leave behind.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
calithena wrote:Soval has used an oil flask for his lantern, so he's down to 5 now, maybe with a mostly full lantern still if the DM is generous. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
Yes, Soval's lantern is still mostly full.
calithena wrote:Seems like you charged the men 2 encumbrance each for daggers?
Oops, a copy-n-paste error. Fixed now [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
calithena wrote:I am wondering if we can retroactively buy a mule or draft horse. I am not sure how we would have lugged all that stuff overland here without it in the first place! If not I will assume we stumbled here under heavy loads and come up with some stuff to leave behind.
Hmm, I'll assume Soval purchased a pack mule called Ned along with saddlebags and a week of feed at the very last moment before leaving Edhil (carrying capacity 36). However, Soval was in such a rush he had to wake the Ostler pre-dawn and ended up paying 100 silver pennies!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Out Of Character

calithena wrote:
You are as wise as you are generous. Thank you! I will adjust my CS.

Return to “Moria”