Requests to Join (Heroes in the Making)

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Nice write up Calithena, I like your story.

I notice that your refer to "Corin", but you have your name as "Soval" but I l think both a good Hollander names. Soval does sound a bit more like it might be of Dunderling heritage, which is neat [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Your HD are 4+2; (4d6 due a 4th level fighter, and a +2 con adjustment).

Your front AC is 2; 6(chainmail) -1(helm) -1(shield) -2(half your 4HD)
Your rear AC is 5; 6(chainmail) -1(helm)

Your +2 saving throw adjustment also applies to saves versus death (I need to add that to the fighter description).

You have lots of muscle, and lots of silver. You can even afford plate armour -- as befits a mercenary hero! If you like, your four hirelings could be part of your break-away own mercenary troop (perhaps the only Men gutsy enough to follow a hero into Moria?).

With your charisma and renown (a hero!) you can have up to six hirelings if you so desire.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
A nice start Ragnorakk, you'll need to decide whether to be a Sneak or a Seer.

This choice mainly depends on whether you want to have the use of light armour and light weaponry (as a Sneak), or to be essentially non-combatant but steeped in knowledge and lore (as a Seer).

As a Half-Elf you will be able to sneak about and locate secret doors as does an Elf even if you choose the Seer class. The choice is yours!

p.s. Look http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/lord ... /names.pdfhere for naming inspiration [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 12:02 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
A great start Heartless... check your private messages, I sent you some additional information.

Also, of note:

You have 7 intelligence, but two languages. This means you can speak them both but cannot read or write. Apparently, you let your sword arm do the talking.

Your front AC is 2; 5(plate) -1(helm) -1(shield) -1(half your 3HD)
Your rear AC is 4; 5(plate) -1(helm)

Your saving throw is 13. Adjusted by +2 versus poison, paralysation, petrification or death.

As I mentioned in my message you may only begin with one Elvish item, and your should most certainly have a horse! You can have up to 5 hirelings -- a groom for your horse would be a good start for any proud Rohirrim spear!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 12:18 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Another great start, Snorri. With his wealth of experience, it seems that Baraglin must have already done quite a bit of sneaking around Bree, Hobbiton, Edhil, and probably Tharbad, Chetwood and Fornorst too!

see http://www.tuckborough.net/eriador.htmlhere for a wider map of the region.

Your XP adjustment is -5% (8 wisdom).

Your HD are 3+2 (3d6 for a 4th level sneak, +2 constitution adjustment).

Your saving throws are 12. But your throws are adjusted by +2 versus poison, wands and spells (Hobbit), and also +2 versus rays, and breath weapons (Sneak).

Trolls and giants and the like deduct -2 from attack rolls against you, and you add +2 to attack rolls with slings.

You surprise enemy 4 in 6 when sneaking about, and also find secret doors 4 times in 6.

You also roll 2 additional damage dice when you back stab an opponent.

I can help you out with your other numbers once you have purchased your equipment...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 6:10 pm

mushgnome wrote:
I finished shopping (no leftover cart space for the other Dwarves, sorry) and chose some appropriate Dwarfly names from the approved source material. Sli son of Vli is ready for action, pending your final say-so, Ways!

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 7:17 pm

doctorx wrote:
Okay, I think I'm there and have updated my character sheet accordingly. If you'd please give it the once-over, ways, just to make sure I'm not too far-off the mark... [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 10:03 pm

tombowings wrote:
Looks right to me, doctorx.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 10:10 pm

doctorx wrote:
Cheers, tombowings! I'll see my fellow bard in the deeps...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 11:16 pm

snorri wrote:
My shopping list. I will update the background now.

Gear
Sling (1 sp)
Short sword (10sp)

Backpack
Rations (14 sp)
Water Skin (1 sp)
Grapping Hook (1sp)
60ft rope (2sp)
Bed roll (3sp)
Lantern, hooded (12sp)
Tinderbox (1sp)
Oilx6 (12sp)
Pouch, belt (1sp)
Sack (6cp)
Journal, travellers (20 sp)
Writing ink (1 sp)
Quill feather (4cp)
Whetstone (6cp)
Locksmith tools (20sp)
Shovel (2sp)

Wealth
around 997 sp and a few coppers

Encumbrance
Capacity = (My strength score)
Load = 7

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 12, 2011 11:33 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote:I finished shopping (no leftover cart space for the other Dwarves, sorry) and chose some appropriate Dwarfly names from the approved source material. Sli son of Vli is ready for action, pending your final say-so, Ways!
Very good Mushgnome. It looks like you have covered just about everything!

Are your Hirelings Men or Dwarves? Their names seem all rather... anonymous? Also, as a matter of practicality, if I am to show them on a "battle map" it would be easier if each name starts with a different letter.

Also worth noting that fresh supplies will only be good for 2 days at the most, so the four of you will be able to eat 8 days worth... the other 20 days might be wasted.

Each person needs to drink one flask of water per day of adventurous activity (or per two days if idle).

Otherwise, looking great Mushgnome. You can post Sili on the PCs thread [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Return to “Moria”