(017) A closer look at the Gatehouse

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
On the Roof Top

While Ulric is lost in thought surveying the surrounds, Highbough goes to prop open the trapdoor leading down into the north-west tower, but just as he is about to do so, Pelenwin boldly steps in and opens it in the normal fashion.

As expected, there is a narrow flight of stone stairs descending steeply into the tower. It is so narrow that only one may go abreast...

Dieter and Mads are also here.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:54 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
In the south-east Tower

Wibert fearlessly leads the way through the southern exit from the dormitory, into the ground-floor of the south-east tower.

From here a narrow stair (wide enough for only one abreast) leads up onto the roof top (where Pelenwin, Dieter and Mads recently went), and also down to where Wibert knows the gambling den is, below. Wibert goes down half a dozen steps with Desmond following closely behind, before the two of them realise it is pitch dark ahead, and pretty soon they will be falling over one another!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:57 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
In the Dormitory

Meanwhile, Gustave eases himself down in the dormitory, and as the Halflings depart he decides to remove the muddiest and bloodiest parts of his ruined livery, and wash down some of his cuts, grazes and bruises (of which there are quite a few).

Koch introduces himself, and others of the company (Olaf, Andaros and Nidhogg) can still be seen moving about nearby.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:34 pm

heartless wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:In the south-east Tower

Wibert fearlessly leads the way through the southern exit from the dormitory, into the ground-floor of the south-east tower.

From here a narrow stair (wide enough for only one abreast) leads up onto the roof top (where Pelenwin, Dieter and Mads recently went), and also down to where Wibert knows the gambling den is, below. Wibert goes down half a dozen steps with Desmond following closely behind, before the two of them realise it is pitch dark ahead, and pretty soon they will be falling over one another!
Wibert stops and goes back up to the rest of the group. "I can't see in the dark", he grumbles. "We need some torches and backup before exploring below, or someone could get hurt."

OOC: Can I see a map of where everyone is please.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:31 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
heartless wrote:
Wibert stops and goes back up to the rest of the group. "I can't see in the dark", he grumbles. "We need some torches and backup before exploring below, or someone could get hurt."
"Yeah, I think we need to stick together a little more... let's follow Dieter up the stairs, instead of down. I need to give him back his crowbar, anyway."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:46 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:OOC: Can I see a map of where everyone is please.
Ulric, Highbough, Dieter, Pelenwin and Mads are somewhere up on the roof. The rest of the company are on the ground floor, approximately thus...

`Stairs````````Bridge``````````````
````\````Gears``Gate```````````````
````#\#######\##...############````
````#\||/.#.HHH#+++#..........#````
````#=.W.D#....(...#..Kitchen.#````
````#####--#####...########--##````
````#......#......Junk%#....+.#````
````#..##.O(.........%%)+..+..#````
````#G.K...#...........#...+..#````
````#..##.A|...........|.....+#````
Dorms...N..#...........#.+Mess#````
````#..##..(.Courtyard.)..Hall#````
````#......#...........#.++...#````
````#####--#####...########--##````
````#..........#...#..........#````
````#..........#...#..........#````
````############...############````
`S`````````````Front```````````````
E+W`````````````Gate```````````````
`N`````````````````````````````````

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:24 am

eris wrote:
Olaf says to those around him, "Let's secure the buildings around the courtyard before we do anything else."

"Once we have done that, I'll be happy to explore the lower level with you." he warrior says as he takes a rod looking thing from his pack and hold it aloft and says something that sounds like aurora.

The rod's end blazes into a bright unflickering light, "I have trouble using this thing. One hand for my sword, one for my shield and there is no third for this torch, but I guess for right now, I can do with just the torch and my sword and keep my shield on my back."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:43 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
As Olaf utters the foreign command word the Resplendant Scepter at first begins to glow softly, and then gives a great dazzling pulse of the purest white light! It seems -- for half a second -- to have blinded all those looking on in astonishment. But then the light dims to a manageable brightness. Merely a pure blue-white glow brighter even than the grey daylight outside which emanates from the entirety of the 2ft silver rod. The dormitory is starkly lit indeed!

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:00 pm

tombowings wrote:
Pelenwin descends the tower stairs, expecting to find a familiar scene.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:15 am

Professor P wrote:
KOCH

"Well met Gustave. Unfortunately, I have no pastries nor wine. I do have some water however," says KOCH as he offers Gustave some water from his bottle.

"You seem to have had some fine clothing. Clothing like my father makes. If we make it out of here alive and well, I'll have you meet him."

KOCH will aid Gustave and then follow the halflings.

Return to “Hinterlands”