(015) Near Saxxon's Gatehouse

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:02 pm

mushgnome wrote:
"Somebody wake me for 3rd watch," grumbles a tired Highbough.

He sets up his bedroll slightly apart from the group and snacks on a few crumbs of waybread before retiring.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:33 pm

eris wrote:
Olaf says, "Yes, I will take a turn on watch tonight, as well."

"I think we all can use the rest, but we are clearly in very dangerous country...what with Owl bears on one hand, bandits on the other." Olaf starts ticking off with first one hand and then the other.

"And who knows what might be out here to attack us on the..um..." Olaf notices he has run out of hands and frowns, "Two on a watch and, as tough as it is, but with everyone sleeping with their armor on and weapons at hand might be the best way to go."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:51 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
PC's who get a good night's sleep (i.e., not sleeping in armour, or interrupted to take the midnight watch, or to do battle) will recover 1d6 hit points. Sleeping in armour, or being interrupted, will reduce this benefit to the lesser of 2 rolls.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:07 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Since Desmond is healthy, he can take the midnight watch.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 pm

coffee wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:PC's who get a good night's sleep (i.e., not sleeping in armour, or interrupted to take the midnight watch, or to do battle) will recover 1d6 hit points. Sleeping in armour, or being interrupted, will reduce this benefit to the lesser of 2 rolls.
And by that logic, sleeping in armor AND being interrupted will give you nothing.

It's okay; Dieter will sleep in his armor and trust that we will not be disturbed. He has plenty of hit points anyway...

;D

I'll take first watch.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:40 pm

heartless wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Desmond offers to stand watch, as well.

"Wilbert, you should use the coal. We'd have a heck of a time getting a freshly cut tree to burn at all."
"Gee thanks, for the coal", says Wibert. He will use the coal in the fire. Wibert sets to work to make dinner out of the mule and herbs using his pots.

"I think it a good idea to have more than one on watch at a time. I will join you Desmond for the midnight watch", offers Wibert.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:53 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric sets the campfire just so, and using Thorgrim's coal, it seems to burn low and hot for a remarkable amount of time. It is a magnificent fuel!

Wibert extracts a neat collection of pots and utensils from within his pack, which by rights should not fit within it. However, With the water, wine, a splash of oil, and a handful of herbs and other pickings from his ration pack, Wibert has even the stringy mule meat smelling like a meal fit for a Halfling!

The company enjoys a hot meal as the sun begins to set, and then get about organising themselves for sleep.

Dieter and Ulric agree to take the first watch, and with the last dusk light still in the sky, set themselves a little bit apart form the company to take up their duty...

(Who is sleeping in their armour?)

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 pm

verhaden wrote:
Mads the Fair

Since so many others volunteered for first watch afterwards, Mads retires to bed, sans armor, and dreams of a good night's rest--declining to participate in the 2nd or 3rd watch due to exhaustion.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:38 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
So it seems we have Dieter(5/12) and Ulric(4/4) on 1st watch, then Wibert(8/8) and Desmond(9/9) on 2nd watch, and Highbough(4/4) and Olaf(4/10) on 3rd watch.

Mads(3/9) will take a well deserved rest.

Unless someone specifically says otherwise, I will assume that nobody wants to sleep in their armour.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:58 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond is only wearing the hardened leather, and has full HP, so he'll sleep in his armour, just to be on the safe side.

Return to “Hinterlands”