(011) The Expedition North

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:52 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
danhem wrote: Ulric previously purchased 3 flasks of oil (#25 in Preparations thread) and still has 6 leaves of parchment, 2 ounces of ink, and 2 quills remaining after the spell research, as well as 60' silk rope remaining from the last expedition.
I had assumed that the oil, parchment, ink and quills were spent to cover part of the spell research costs. But it now sounds like you paid those expenses in addition to that equipment, so I'll add those items back to you inventory.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16 pm

tonneau wrote:
"I thought these chaps might be handy in a tiff", notes Gustave, rummaging in his pack. He seems a little surprised when he pulls out a small carafe of what looks to be wine. He stuffs this and a newly purchased tinderbox back into his pack with several weeks of bulky rations. Apparently happy with the feel of the pack this time, he adjusts his shoulder strap once more, "Right then," he grins, looking around at the assembled group, "shall we?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:17 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very well, I will update your supplies accordingly.

Boris and Fix are suitably impressed with the map, and say so. After a short discussion it is agreed that the bridge looks to be a proper first destination.

Olaf, the eager and sharp eyed lad, heads out first to scout ahead.

What shall be the marching order for the remainder of the company?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:30 am

danhem wrote:
Ulric piles his rations, rope, lantern, and oil in the wagon to make the walk a bit easier. He then straps on his backpack, shoulders his waterproof satchel containing his books and the map and signals his readiness. Ulric will walk in the middle of the group, near the wagon, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:59 am

coffee wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote: Nobody has thought to restock basic supplies such as rope, torches, lantern oil, iron spikes, spears, poles, and the like, and the company is modestly light in this department, having only what you returned to town with after your last adventure.

If you wish to stock up on such things now is the last chance. Anyone other than Ulric and Flewellen has had ample opportunity to purchase such goods over the last few days, and stash them at the out shed prior to departure.

Dieter; 8gp, 100sp, 6cp.
Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking. Okay, so I'll go ahead and get:

Cost Quan Item
24 2 Hooded Lantern
12 12 Oil, lantern
24 2 Oil, firewater

for a total of 60 sp.

That brings me down to 40 sp (easier to carry!) and provides with light and, if you'll pardon the german humor, some firepower.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 am

heartless wrote:
heartless wrote: Once done Padrig will go shopping and purchase a helmet (30sp), and his own writting ink(1sp), Quill, steel nibbed(1gp), and Parchment, 6 leaves(1sp). Top up Rations (7sp?). Scroll case, wooden (2sp). Top up Torches (4cp). Mirror metal, (12sp).

Padrig requests his company to each buy some fine wine or pure water so that it can be used to aid healing if they are injured.
Before leaving Padrig will purchase from his meager funds: writting ink(1sp)x2, Quill, steel nibbed(1gp), and Parchment, 6 leaves(1sp). Just in case Padrig needs to make some healing spells during the adventure.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
verhaden wrote:Mads the Fair

Mads will stock up on some more rations and purchase 50' of hemp rope.
With the last of his silver, Mads purchases 60ft of hemp rope and 3 more days of supplies. He has a total of 11 days of supplies and but 6 copper pennies remaining.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:09 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:OOC: I'm sure I posted that Olaf did some shopping in the Preparations thread, but IAC, here you go with even more [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]...

1 score of arrows, 8sp
1 Bow string, 3cp
2 Sacks, 6cp
60ft hemp rope, 14cp
1 week trail rations, 14sp
3 flasks of lantern oil, 3sp

...this leaves Olaf with 0 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp.

I'll update Olaf's character sheet with supplies, coin and HP now.
Very good. Olaf has a total of 15 days of supplies. He need to lug 5 stone of gear onto the wagon in order to march unencumbered.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:12 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
tonneau wrote:"I thought these chaps might be handy in a tiff", notes Gustave, rummaging in his pack. He seems a little surprised when he pulls out a small carafe of what looks to be wine. He stuffs this and a newly purchased tinderbox back into his pack with several weeks of bulky rations. Apparently happy with the feel of the pack this time, he adjusts his shoulder strap once more, "Right then," he grins, looking around at the assembled group, "shall we?"
Very good. Gustave has a quart of tolerable wine in a skin, a tinderbox and 14 days of trail rations in his pack. His purse still holds 2gp, 6sp and 10cp.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:16 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
coffee wrote: Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking. Okay, so I'll go ahead and get:

Cost Quan Item
24 2 Hooded Lantern
12 12 Oil, lantern
24 2 Oil, firewater

for a total of 60 sp.

That brings me down to 40 sp (easier to carry!) and provides with light and, if you'll pardon the german humor, some firepower.
Dieter buys a veritable cart load of the slow burning lantern oil, which is more than even he can comfortably carry so all of this is piled into the cart, along with the two lanterns.

Return to “Hinterlands”