(026) Happenstance in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
"There's a pumpkin and onion soup, fresh bread with butter," the barkeep counts off the articles on his thick fingers, "still some goat and veggie stew left from last night, or..." he thinks a moment, scratching his chin, "...we're doing some meat pies for lunch.Should be ready in half an hour or so..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:40 pm

doctorx wrote:
"The soup will suit me very well. Thank you," says Josiane, still smiling.

She then continues in a quieter voice; "If I may -as you have already observed, we are strangers here, and would be most grateful for the wisdom of one with local knowledge. What, if it please you, do you know of the two gentlemen my friends were conversing with but a moment ago? Masters Ingolf and Hugo, I believe their names were. And, if I may trouble you a moment longer, what can you tell us of a 'Master Grumolg..?'
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:57 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
"Soup all round then," affirms the barkeep.

"Hugo and Ingolf?" he asks, his face blank for a moment, "Oh, that pair. They're irregular customers here. Merchant folk, as are the most of 'em. They ply most of their caravaning trade here, ever hatching one plan or another to take better profits, or else looking out for hired swords and what knot to protect what stock and share they do have."

He leans a bit closer, so as not to upset the few other customers still lingering in the common room.
"Now Grumolg, 'ees the new Trader in town.A Snork ee is, well to do. Very well to do, if I hear it right. 'Ees bought 'imself and a few of his sort onto the Traders' Council, and some of the other traders aren't too happy about it. Still, all is fair in business, as they say..."

He doesn't looked too convinced of this last himself...

"I'll go get that soup." he says, all of a sudden done talking. And strides off to do so.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:06 pm

doctorx wrote:
"That tells us little we don't already know," sighs Josiane. Then, brightening up; "Well then; a hot meal, then a little reconnaissance. Agreed?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:27 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
The barkeep returns in a few moments with three wooden bowls of soup, spoons and a heel of bread.

"Enjoy," he says, perhaps somewhat gruffly, before getting about his business.

The soup is pumpkin and onion with a few green herbs, and is very good on a chilly morning. The three get through their soup, and mop up the last with the hard bread with scarcely a word. Worth every bit of 2 coppers a piece.

It is past mid-morning by this time.

What now?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:35 pm

doctorx wrote:
Josiane stands, delicately dabbing at the edges of her mouth, (as far as she can with the edge of her weather-beaten cloak).

"Friends; shall we?" she asks, a happy smile on her face, her right hand firm about the hilt of her sword...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:10 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
The meals are 2cp each, or 1 sp total.

None present are overly flush with coin, but this modest sum is affordable between you. Of course Mads also has the merchants' coin purse.

Josiane seems to have the tacit agreement of her fellows... what next?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:28 pm

doctorx wrote:
At a moment when the gruff barkeep has a second to spare, Josiane takes the opportunity to ask directions to Glib Street, again offering up her sweetest smile.

(Should her companions be struggling to find the coin for their meals, Josiane will be happy to pay... [img]images/smiley/cheesy.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:30 pm

verhaden wrote:
Mads the Enlightened

Mads discretely opens the purse and pays for the meals. "It's been a while since I've had warm food." he says simply. "Perhaps tonight's activities will brighten my mood."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:42 am

Valandil wrote:
Percy looks around, just out of curiosity: are there any more armed men in the tavern? With armed I mean with something more than a dagger, you know what I mean [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img].

Return to “Hinterlands”