Company Slush Fund

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 am

Company Slush Fund

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gentlefolk,

A slush fund has been established to cover all basic "shared" expenses while in town.

The slush fund initially comprised 3gp, 21sp and 1cp made up from treasure that could not be divided evenly into shares (Dorgan and Josiane contributed 1gp and 1sp, the main company contributed 2gp, 20sp and 1cp).

Expenses paid by the slush fund thus far include:

10sp; Bribe to enter Ket unmolested,
11cp; 1st night accommodation in Albert's cellar,
12cp; Continued use of Albert's cellar for the whole of the present day,
12cp; Refreshments for those on "rotating guard duty" during the present day,
22sp; Accommodation in proper guest rooms for the 2nd night.

With this, the slush fund now stands at; 1gp, 5sp, 2cp.

For convenience, let us assume that the slush funds are held separately in the dormitory coin box, along with the 5 nickel and 8 brass coins of foreign make.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:35 am

Company Slush Fund

waysoftheearth wrote:
While we are talking finances, here is what I presently have for each PC purse;

Dieter 14gp, 436sp, 233cp (I assumed 120cp spent on fresh clothes).
Olaf 6gp, 388sp, 341cp.
Ulric 18gp, 374sp, 336cp.
Gustave 8gp, 230sp, 2cp (I assumed that a 110sp + 330cp down payment for the plate armour was made).
Wibert 21gp, 417sp, 235cp (I assumed 120cp spent on fresh clothes).
Highbough 6gp, 389sp, 350cp.
Desmond 6gp, 291sp, 0cp.
Josiane 1gp, 3sp, 4cp (including Mads' share).
Dorgan 4cp (including Percy's share).
Guntram 1sp, 8cp (and thus far enjoying the generosity of the slush fund).

These figures include all your shopping to date. They may not match exactly your own records as I have charged 2cp for each of three meals taken since arriving, drinks, cigars (in some cases), baths and shaves (in some cases).

Let us not forget that 100 coin of any type equal 1 bulk (half a stone) for the purpose of encumbrance!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 am

Company Slush Fund

coffee wrote:
OOC: What we did in one group I was with was set up one additional share for mutual company expenses -- room and board, wagons, mules, that sort of thing. Then when we divided treasure, everybody 'chipped in' without it costing them anything.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:06 am

Company Slush Fund

waysoftheearth wrote:
It would be a bit tricky to reallocate shares now that I've awarded the XP and all.

But there's nothing stopping you from doing that with the next haul. And everyone (that has funds) is free to donate a few loose coins from their own purse to the "war chest" at any time.

Return to “Retired Threads”