Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:12 am

Out Of Character

rleduc wrote:
Thanks ... Getting my act together in time to be of some use, I hope.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Out Of Character

mgtremaine wrote:
So whose actions are we still waiting on before the turn can get run? Not to shame then or anything just curious, this particular turn is rather critical to see how badly this combat is going to go. If we manage to drop a few and get into a proper defense we might pull through, if they drop a bunch more of the good guys then, well it might be time to head for the gates of Moria and lock the doors. At least a slow death is better then being eaten by Orcs. [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
Just don't forget the party members currently out of commission per the poisoned orc swords if everyone bails to the mines!

[img]images/smiley/eyesroll.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
I'm going to resolve the next round of combat tonight with whatever orders are in. Yes, it is going to be an important round for the PCs... but aren't they all? ;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
I've done the resolution, but I won't have time to report back on it tonight. You'll have to wait until tomorrow night... it took me 2 hours just to roll all the dice and note the results!

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Out Of Character

mgtremaine wrote:
Yikes.. The suspense is killing me! Or is that the Orcish swords?

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Out Of Character

rleduc wrote:
If the orcs had 20 "to hit" rolls and lost 7 in round 5, we should now have roughly equal numbers, albeit our side is the more battered, at least by my reckoning. Another round like that may turn the tide.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:54 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
rleduc wrote:If the orcs had 20 "to hit" rolls and lost 7 in round 5, we should now have roughly equal numbers, albeit our side is the more battered, at least by my reckoning. Another round like that may turn the tide.
Yesssss, but do please remember that in no round thus far have all of the Orcs been in a position to attack. Some have been looting the camp, others have been stuck in rearward ranks, and so on...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 am

Out Of Character

rleduc wrote:
Ah, right. Well perhaps finally having a line in place and none in camp will still make it hard for them to engage all at once.

Understandably all is chaos, but is there some sort of crude summary the characters can perceive about how many orcs are left? An updated map would be ideal although I would understand if the ruling was that there was too much confusion for us to know that level of detail.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
There are approximately a score remaining.
The battle hangs on a knife edge. Two of the three Orc prongs will make morale rolls to determine their temper next round. A failed check might be just the reprieve the company needs to pull through...

Return to “Moria”