Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
A place for any out of character chat -- except rules discussion which has its very own thread http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=5668here.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 14, 2011 5:31 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gentlemen,

Firstly thank to you all for your participation. I hope I'll be able to run an enjoyable game for everyone ;D

I have updated the http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=5700Fellowship Summary with the first six PCs and their hirelings. As you can see, we are going to have a small army by the time everyone is done.

When you post please refer to your PC in third person!

I.e., write "Grodo hides behind the door" rather than "I hide behind the door". This will make it easier for me (and everyone else) to see who is doing what without having to figure out who all the "I"s refer to.

Just waiting for a few more PC sheets to go up, and then we can get underway!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Out Of Character

calithena wrote:
You can't really plan role-play, which takes on a life of its own, but I noticed something kind of cool about the first five finished PCs.

All of us are Fair, except L“M‹LUIN, who is selfish; and he is also the only full-blooded elf. But, it being Middle Earth, probably a lot of us will assume L“M‹LUIN is Fair and maybe even look to him as a leader of sorts. Anyway, it might be kind of cool to make L“M‹LUIN's elf blood and potential for temptation one of the RP elements as we assault the mines, if it works out that way anyway.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Out Of Character

doctorx wrote:
I like it, calithena. L“M‹LUIN is certainly selfish in terms of his cause. He is, however, basically honourable, if suspicious of other races - Men in particular. But he's a proud elf lord with a mission. It's a case of the end justifying the means - shades of Boromir, Denethor and Saruman... (and all sorts of proud, doomed elf lords in the Silmarillion...)

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
I've added Sli son of Vli to the Fellowship summary... he and his immense train of hirelings and mules, that is!

Might I comment at this point, with half the fellowship up, that this is going to be the largest company of adventurers EVA!!

Looking forward to getting underway ;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 16, 2011 10:29 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Monsters & Treasure, page 3:

Orcs, Number appearing: 30-300.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 16, 2011 11:31 am

Out Of Character

calithena wrote:
See now, for parties of this size, those things aren't quite so crazy.

One thing that we may want to do is create a 'scouting party' of elves, sneaks, and hobbits that runs out ahead of Easy Company as we go - stealth ahead of force, or the velvet glove over the iron fist, as it were.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Out Of Character

mushgnome wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:I've added Sli son of Vli to the Fellowship summary... he and his immense train of hirelings and mules, that is!
Sili made a few last-minute changes to his inventory because, as his father Vili (distant cousin of Fili and Kili) once said, "There's more meat on a mule than a cart."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:
mushgnome wrote:"There's more meat on a mule than a cart."
Ew.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Out Of Character

mushgnome wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
mushgnome wrote:"There's more meat on a mule than a cart."
Ew.
Don't worry, Norin, when we run out of mules, we can eat the Elfs! [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Return to “Moria”