Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
billhooks wrote:Erm . . . I think you subtracted the map price from Ulric's starting money, not his current money (shown in the "Cast" thread).
I double-checked the PC creation thread and found that Ulric (very fortunately!) began play with 14 gp, 15 sp and 26 cp. After acquiring his staring gear he had 6 gp, 14 silver, and change.
billhooks wrote:Victor suggests that he go in for 25 sp and Ulric go in for 20 sp, and they can even up later if for some reason they don't find a horde of treasure that makes 5 sp seem too petty to worry about.
Very well. Ulric has also agreed to pay 20 silver:
danhem wrote:OOC: Ulric pays 20 silver for the map.
So the final accounting for the purchase of map is that Victor has paid 25 silver, and Ulric has paid 20 silver.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Out Of Character

billhooks wrote:
Oh, I see -- I totally misinterpreted what I was looking at, then.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:44 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
With Victor generously paying for the Lion's share of the map, he has 4 sp and 5 cp remaining. Ulric's coin purse contains 4 gp, 16 sp and 12 cp.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Out Of Character

danhem wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote: I double-checked the PC creation thread and found that Ulric (very fortunately!) began play with 14 gp, 15 sp and 26 cp. After acquiring his staring gear he had 6 gp, 14 silver, and change.
That was before I finished purchasing equipment (Ulric is a well-armed magic user). Before buying the map he had 2 gold, 12 silver, and 12 copper. That leaves him with 4 silver and 12 copper after the map purchase.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Thanks for the extra info and for your honesty Danhem. I will update my spreadsheet too.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Out Of Character

billhooks wrote:
Note: Victor now has a coat of arms in his character sheet post in "The Cast", courtesy of Photoshop and a heraldic clip art web site. I can probably whip up a couple more if anyone has any requests.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:42 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very nice job Billhooks! ;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 am

Out Of Character

billhooks wrote:
Well, it looks like Olaf may not be our guy for outdoorsmanship after all. Kind of weird since eris came up with the idea, but his character doesn't have the Wisdom score to execute. Maybe we need a system where no matter who has the idea, the best qualified character carries it out.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:24 am

Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:
The time it took to settle on a good camp site was down to Olaf's low wisdom.

The appearance of the other guys, however, was entirely attributable to my rolling a 1 on a d6 for an encounter check.

The good news is, due to only to Anwyn's good vision in dim light, you were not taken by surprise [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:48 am

Out Of Character

TheMyth wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:The time it took to settle on a good camp site was down to Olaf's low wisdom.

The appearance of the other guys, however, was entirely attributable to my rolling a 1 on a d6 for an encounter check.

The good news is, due to only to Anwyn's good vision in dim light, you were not taken by surprise [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
Hah! And she has the lowest Intelligence and Wisdom in the group!

Return to “Hinterlands”