The First Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Post by mushgnome » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:03 am

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal pushes Chegs' valuables to the side and prepares the body for cremation.

Potty holds his cap in his hands and respectfully says, "Back to nature, my friend."

Who will do the honors?
Chegs had a few coins, which I will add to the party coffers, 4 torches, and 2 flasks of oil. Have a look at his character sheet and claim any items you like. Someone should take his holy symbol for sure.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:32 pm

It can be plainly seen that Willie's cheeks are wet as he helps to pour the old oil over Chegs. He takes off his helmet.

"May you find safe burrows & open fields, Chegs."

Then he'll set Chegs' remains alight with his tinderbox.

Once that's done, young Willie gets back to business with a determined, almost grim expression. He goes through Chegs' possessions.

"Well, I'll take Chegs' warhammer, I may find a use for it sooner than any of us would hope. Potty, why don't you take this?" He holds up the wooden cross.

Willie also claims the skin full of Chegs' own cider, which he plans to share with the company at a more appropriate time.
Chegs' stuff:

Backpack
large sack
large sack
torches
rope 50'
rations
3x oil flasks
wineskin w/ cider
tinderbox
wetstone
5x chalk
waterskin w/ water
wooden cross
3x daggers
war-hammer
sling
Hooded Cloak
leather armor & shield
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:14 am

Potty pockets the wooden holy symbol.

Willie lights the oil on the first try, fwoosh!

Chegs is laid to rest and will not return as a ghoul.

As the rest turn draws to a close, your DM encourages you to take a last look at Chegs' inventory, and think what next?

1d6=6, the oil is pure
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Willie feels better now that Chegs is properly laid to rest.

As he's sorting out the rest of their deceased comrade's possessions, he speaks quietly:

"We could press on a little here, see what's around the next bend. Or we could go back up to the surface to see if there's anyone else who like to join our expedition; we're one short, now!"
As for Chegs' stuff, Willie has taken what he wants specifically, but I'd say we should split up any useful items amongst us, basically take everything but armour & weapons.

And on a meta level, should we briefly escape back up to the House of Pancakes to collect Noh’won?

Backpack
large sack
torches
rope 50'
rations
3x oil flasks
tinderbox
wetstone
5x chalk
waterskin w/ water
3x daggers
sling
Hooded Cloak
leather armor & shield
wineskin w/ cider
war-hammer
wooden cross
large sack
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:37 pm

Dougal takes the following from Cheg's pack:
3 oil flasks
large sack
rations

Then he says, "That's not a bad idea. Let's head back up, restock supplies, and see if there is anyone about who would want to join us."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by acodispo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Willie stows a few more things in his pack then gets to his feet.

"Alright, let's be off."

He checks to make sure their light sources are still in order, then Willie will lead the way cautiously along the chasm (keeping an eye on the ceiling), to the secret door.
Willie takes chalk, daggers, & an extra waterskin, and leaves the rest.

Backpack
large sack
torches
rope 50'
rations
3x oil flasks
tinderbox
wetstone
5x chalk
waterskin w/ water
3x daggers
sling
Hooded Cloak
leather armor & shield
wineskin w/ cider
war-hammer
wooden cross
large sack

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:56 am

I'm all fer pancakes! pipes Tet, suddenly brighter. Let's get back quicksmart. We might even make second breakfast!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:47 pm

"Pancakes!" sounds good to Potty. The vote is unanimous.

Potty asks his friends' opinions: "I'm thinking about taking a break from Adventuring. I'd live on the surface for a while, making potions, which I would then share with you, for the cost of materials. What do you think? Any objections?"

Post by acodispo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:17 am

"That sounds like a fine idea, Potty. We'll miss your company down here, but we'll appreciate the potions!" remarks Willie, as they go along.

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Dougal frowns and mumbles to himself, "Awww... I was hoping for some canon fodder." but then in a louder voice, agrees, "Yes, that sounds rather grand, Potty! And we could certainly use the potions! Is there anything around here we could get for you now?"

Dougal starts looking around for mushrooms or fungus or any cave flora of interest.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”