Delve the Fourth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Ebon Hearted Soul wrote:"Well clearly that didn't work. While I am here, I'll checkout the bowl & its chain more closely. Let me know if we are leaving or a threat appears while I am studying the bowl and chain."

Vesh studies the bowl & chain closely for any potential runes etched into their surface, but will pull back to the others if 1) the skeletons begin to move forward again or 2) something looks off (the silver or bowl begins to glow). Vesh tries to see if the chain is firmly attached to the ceiling or if it seems to be part of a mechanism. Is the chain connected to the bowl by a single chain or multiple smaller chains connected to a larger central one?
Three small to a big, which is simply descending from a hook on the ceiling. Everything else looks very plain. The skeletons have not yet moved (I assume that everybody is keeping back at least 10 feet from them, and Aldbane is presenting his holy symbol to keep them pinned)

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:57 pm

"The bowl & chain seem fine. Since their are no runes etched on them & the chain is on a hook, how about I gather up the silver pieces while the Skeletons are held back while? Have everyone one who isn't needed leave the room, then I and Aldbane stay until I got the silver and we slowly exit the room closing the door behind us, how does that sound or should we just leave? I am good with both options.

Vesh waits till the others decide, a mix of frustration over the plan to use silver not working and a bit of brashness has emboldened him. But he isn't foolhardy enough to act out of turn & potentially jeopardize his companions because of it.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Post by mushgnome » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm

The dwarves stand guard while Vesh harvests the silver
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by acodispo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Wiglaff nods.

"This sounds like a good plan. The main party shall retreat into the passage. We'll be ready to rush in, if anything should happen when you take the silver. Otherwise, we'll leave the place & close the door. If the skeletons follow, we'll fight them as they come through the door. We'll be able to surround them as they exit, and only two will be able to come through the door if we press them."

The elf warrior gestures to push the rest of the party (minus the dwarves) back into the passage, but staying within 10 feet of the silver bowl room in order to provide backup if anything strange happens.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Makofan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:42 pm

The enterprising party successfully scoops out the silver, then retreats and shuts the door

Post by Makofan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:45 pm

BTW, the party has unofficially earned approximately 300-400 xp per person on this delve so far. Grampus and Rhod probably need another 100-200 to go up to level 2. Nobody else is remotely close

Post by acodispo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:04 pm

"Well done, friends! I suggest we try these three doors," Wiglaff points to a door across the hall, and two others on the south wall, further west.

"Once we've seen what's inside each, let's return to the surface & regroup."
Hopefully we can find a little more treasure to bring Grampus & Rhod up a level. But we should return to the surface: Wiglaff will switch to adventuring as a magic-user in order to increase the group's spell compliment.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:34 pm

"Well, now that wasn't too bad. At least i can reclaim my 5 SP & the others their silver, before splitting the rest. I am good with checking out the other room and head back to the surface to rest. I could eat something warm too.

[OOC: I'll not update my silver count until spoils from the bowl are split. Makofan, if we go back to the surface and rest, will that mean Vesh can memorize another spell in place of my sleep spell? I am not certain I will, I just want to be clear on the rulings you have on the subject. If so, Vesh will study his spell book; whether he memorizes a new spell or not.]
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:39 am

Grampus crosses the hall and inspects the door on the south side (the easternmost of the three unexplored doors).
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Makofan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 pm

After inspection and listening provide no clues, the door is wrenched open first try. The door opens onto a 20x20 room with no visible exits. The extra 10 feet extends East of the door.

This looks like an old robing room. It contains some rusty hooks with moldy cloaks, and a side board with wooden cups.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”