Delve the Fourth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Wed May 30, 2018 1:20 am

Re: Delve the Fourth

[OOC: I am here. Should I log in daily? I can do so. I've gotten used to infrequent updates in the other game I am in that makofan run's on another forum (not his fault, the other members have busy lives.)].

Vesh holds his torch before him as he marches among the group.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Post by Makofan » Wed May 30, 2018 2:36 pm

| Frankly, if you post 2-3 times per week, that is socially responsible. I like to get at least 3 people's input before I move on, so I can accommodate all schedules. People that post once every couple of weeks tend to get NPCd while they are gone, that is all |

Post by Makofan » Wed May 30, 2018 2:46 pm

The slanted passage opens immediately onto a 20x20 square room directly to the west, its east wall extending 10 feet north from the opening.

Shackled to the south, west, and north wall are a total of 6 skeletons.

In the middle of the room, 5 feet off the ground, suspended from a hook in the ceiling by an iron chain, is a glass bowl about one foot around. It appears to be half filled with pieces of silver

Post by acodispo » Wed May 30, 2018 4:54 pm

"Grampus, would you please have your brethren inspect the floor?"

Wiglaff, at first from a distance, takes a look at the skeletons. Are they mobile or show any signs of animation?

Once the floor has been cleared by the dwarves, he'll move about the room, taking a closer look at the skeletons, and especially the shackles, for a sign of a mechanism he's sure is there.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Wed May 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Makofan wrote:| Frankly, if you post 2-3 times per week, that is socially responsible. I like to get at least 3 people's input before I move on, so I can accommodate all schedules. People that post once every couple of weeks tend to get NPCd while they are gone, that is all |
[OOC: Understood, I can honestly say I am able to post daily if needed. In two of the PbP games I am in the Ref has let them languish, at least you tried to keep yours going & I am glad you at least kept this one going; I can see how frustrating it can be. Makofan I am committed to this game, I'll let my future posts prove those words true.]
The slanted passage opens immediately onto a 20x20 square room directly to the west, its east wall extending 10 feet north from the opening.

Shackled to the south, west, and north wall are a total of 6 skeletons.

In the middle of the room, 5 feet off the ground, suspended from a hook in the ceiling by an iron chain, is a glass bowl about one foot around. It appears to be half filled with pieces of silver
"Hmmm sure looks like a trap to me, who places a bowl of silver hanging from a hook? What should we do?

Once the Dawrves clear the floor, Vesh will carefully study the wall to the left from the passage for anything that seems out of place (markings, a lever or wall sconce slightly tilted or loose stonework - perhaps a hiding a secret door).
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Post by merias » Wed May 30, 2018 6:33 pm

"Curious, that bowl. I agree, Vesh, it might be a trap, or perhaps it is a collection for payment of some sort," Aldbane says. Once the others move in, he examines the glass bowl more closely, without touching it as of yet. If it appears normal, he'll throw a silver coin in it.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mushgnome » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Grampus examines the floor for pit traps, trip wires, loose flagstones, or other unusual stonework.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Makofan » Thu May 31, 2018 1:23 pm

mushgnome wrote:Grampus examines the floor for pit traps, trip wires, loose flagstones, or other unusual stonework.
Grampus holds everybody back while he examines the floor, then gives his dwarves a thumbs up. As Ori, Nori and Dori enter the room, the shackles fall off the skeletons and they step off the wall menacingly towards the three dwarves!

Post by mushgnome » Thu May 31, 2018 1:35 pm

Grampus was kind of expecting the skeletons to animate, so he is ready to fight. The dwarves rush forward into melee so that the rest of the party can move into the room and bring their numbers to bear. Grampus uses his magic sword and the other three dwarves use their hammers.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by kipper » Thu May 31, 2018 2:30 pm

Maloof, upon entering the room, raises his holy symbol on high: "Begone, ye unholy bones, back to your shackles!" (Turn Undead attempt)

((OOC: If it works, we can ideally fight the skeletons one or two at a time, instead of all 6 simultaneously))

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”