(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

acodispo wrote:Brother Walfried waves to the departing scouting party. He then busies himself. He places an unlit torch over the threshold of the opened door beyond the longship, and pulls the door to, till it's only just held open by the width of the torch. There he stations himself, listening for noise from beyond the portal.


As mentioned above, there's an unlit torch holding open a door that Chiron could look for.

There are three Boggsmen corpses in the boat room and it seems reasonable to assume one of them, if not all of them, was carrying torches. Whenever the party split up, one time into three separate groups, a Boggsman was a torchbearer.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 377

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi allows herself a nervous grin.

She follows the beast with her ears. If the sounds indicate a continued pursuit, she slides out of the tunnel and back into the treasure room. Feeling her way around the wall, she hunts the stair once again.
Is there sufficient starlight from above to make out anything in the chamber?
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron/The Boat Room

Chiron hastily recovers three torches that were dropped by his fallen comrades. Alas, the carnage! Turning over the bodies and going through their packs will take more time...
Grabbing the three torches takes minimal time/effort. If Chiron wants to dig thru the packs of the fallen, that will take a bit longer and warrant a monster check.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi

Lemmi listens long enough for the slithering sound of the wyrm to recede, and then counts twenty heartbeats for good measure. With no sound to betray her, she slips back in to the lair and makes a beeline for the stair...
The ref makes a monster check. If it comes up a 6, it will mean the dragon has out-foxed her and is waiting to pounce.... 1d6=2! No dragon.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi

...by the blue star-light the girl-thief virtually runs all the way up the narrow stair that curls around the broad, circular hole to jumps back into the huge chimney room. By the silvery illumination, she can see the place is empty, but for the bodies of the poor brave fellows slain by the first dragon. Ye Gads! Her pockets are overfull of dragon-got jewels!
Where to now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron creeps over to the door and listens for any signs of either his companions or the dragon.


Can I just tell you that Chiron wants to go back to the door where the party encountered the neanderthals or do I need to give you directions?
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 377

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi rejoices quietly at achieving the heights of the stair un-eaten. She ponders her next move while suppressing the joy of pockets brimming with loot - now which way was out?

sully wrote:Can I just tell you that Chiron wants to go back to the door where the party encountered the neanderthals or do I need to give you directions?


Ditto - Lemmi wants the express exit, but taxing my brain remembering via which room that was 6 months ago (mere minutes (and 2 dragons) ago for our heroine)
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

I didn’t have dragons chasing me, but you think I can remember?? If you can tell the names of the adjoining spaces without their Cartesian coordinates, that will be fine.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Has anyone created a map? If not, I will create one.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 16460

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

sully wrote:Has anyone created a map? If not, I will create one.

Ideally, this would represent a character in-game creating, and possessing the same. Pretty sure Chiron has the appropriate tools on hand... so seems reasonable.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software