(084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by sully » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

acodispo wrote:Brother Walfried waves to the departing scouting party. He then busies himself. He places an unlit torch over the threshold of the opened door beyond the longship, and pulls the door to, till it's only just held open by the width of the torch. There he stations himself, listening for noise from beyond the portal.
As mentioned above, there's an unlit torch holding open a door that Chiron could look for.

There are three Boggsmen corpses in the boat room and it seems reasonable to assume one of them, if not all of them, was carrying torches. Whenever the party split up, one time into three separate groups, a Boggsman was a torchbearer.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Tonneau » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Lemmi allows herself a nervous grin.

She follows the beast with her ears. If the sounds indicate a continued pursuit, she slides out of the tunnel and back into the treasure room. Feeling her way around the wall, she hunts the stair once again.
Is there sufficient starlight from above to make out anything in the chamber?
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 am

Chiron/The Boat Room

Chiron hastily recovers three torches that were dropped by his fallen comrades. Alas, the carnage! Turning over the bodies and going through their packs will take more time...
Grabbing the three torches takes minimal time/effort. If Chiron wants to dig thru the packs of the fallen, that will take a bit longer and warrant a monster check.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 am

Lemmi

Lemmi listens long enough for the slithering sound of the wyrm to recede, and then counts twenty heartbeats for good measure. With no sound to betray her, she slips back in to the lair and makes a beeline for the stair...
The ref makes a monster check. If it comes up a 6, it will mean the dragon has out-foxed her and is waiting to pounce.... 1d6=2! No dragon.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 am

Lemmi

...by the blue star-light the girl-thief virtually runs all the way up the narrow stair that curls around the broad, circular hole to jumps back into the huge chimney room. By the silvery illumination, she can see the place is empty, but for the bodies of the poor brave fellows slain by the first dragon. Ye Gads! Her pockets are overfull of dragon-got jewels!
Where to now?

Post by sully » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Chiron creeps over to the door and listens for any signs of either his companions or the dragon.
Can I just tell you that Chiron wants to go back to the door where the party encountered the neanderthals or do I need to give you directions?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Tonneau » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 am

Lemmi rejoices quietly at achieving the heights of the stair un-eaten. She ponders her next move while suppressing the joy of pockets brimming with loot - now which way was out?
sully wrote: Can I just tell you that Chiron wants to go back to the door where the party encountered the neanderthals or do I need to give you directions?
Ditto - Lemmi wants the express exit, but taxing my brain remembering via which room that was 6 months ago (mere minutes (and 2 dragons) ago for our heroine)
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 am

I didn’t have dragons chasing me, but you think I can remember?? If you can tell the names of the adjoining spaces without their Cartesian coordinates, that will be fine.

Post by sully » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Has anyone created a map? If not, I will create one.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 am

sully wrote:Has anyone created a map? If not, I will create one.
Ideally, this would represent a character in-game creating, and possessing the same. Pretty sure Chiron has the appropriate tools on hand... so seems reasonable.

Return to “Hinterlands”