Primordial Ooze...

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 am

Re: Primordial Ooze...

acodispo wrote:Are there any house rules in place for clerical spellcasting?
Hmm, nothing major yet. I have thing or two to experiment with, but that will only matter if you achieve 2nd level.

At 1st level, a cleric can cast from scrolls. You can "purchase" scrolls at half price (50 sp for a 1st level spell scroll) as a part of your starting pack if you so desire. Remember that clerics don't work well as "heal bots"; fighters recover 1--6 normal hits for free after a fight, so clw is best reserved for fantastic hits. You might want to re-read the DD5 clerical spell descriptions.

acodispo wrote:Anything I need to know about the deities of the realm?
Almighty Thuul is the overarching Deity of the Lawful Temples. Then there can be a bunch of minor Saints and whatnot that are specific to local Temples which you are free to diddle with if desired. The "Enigma of Thuul" is the Holy Symbol; pretty much an infinity glyph rotated 90 degrees; so also kinda similar to the digit 8.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:01 am

Red Baron; I have created a copy of Dopey's sheet for Mero here. You should have seen an email from Google. Let me know if something has gone awry.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:05 am

Red Baron; because Mero has 13 intelligence he will know three additional languages from the Lawful list. The dice have determined that these are: Golden Dragon, Aurulgan (the Dwarfish tongue), and Werebear.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:13 am

Acodispco, Red Baron, when you believe your new goldenrod sheets are ready, please make a "good to go" post over in the Preflight Checks thread.

I'll dice your hp and ensure your stat line and sig. is all up to date from there...

Post by The Red Baron » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:17 pm

humbly requesting edit permissions on the character sheet captain
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by acodispo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:51 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Then there can be a bunch of minor Saints and whatnot that are specific to local Temples which you are free to diddle with if desired.
I do so desire! Walfried shall be a devotee of St Wilmod the Resolute. :-)
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:10 pm

The Red Baron wrote:humbly requesting edit permissions on the character sheet captain
My view says you have edit permission (via the email address you registered at this site). I am aware I've been experiencing connectivity issues with Google Drive recently--so it's possible something isn't quite right.

I have just clicked it again, adding your "reboubt" email; let me know if you do or do not get an email from Google...

Post by The Red Baron » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 pm

doh! I was signed in on the wrong gmail account :lol:
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:54 am

Welcome back Sully.

I had thrown some dice for you back in February, but we can consider those obsolete as of this post. I like rolling dice :)

Your new rolls are these:

3#(7#3d6)

7 5 10 9 17 16 7
11 12 16 10 12 8 9
14 5 9 9 11 11 11

As you see, I'm doing it differently to before. This year I'm throwing three SETS of seven stats for each new character. The player pick one SET, and the other two sets vanish forever.

From the selected SET of seven scores:
* The player selects one SCORE for starting coin (score x10 sp),
* The remaining six scores are the ability scores, in the original edition order: S, I, W, C, D, Ch.

Post by sully » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 pm

The first set would make an excellent Fighter, as a 7 STR is the same as a 14, a 5 INT has no drawbacks (at least none for a Fighting-Man), and taking the 10 for gold would give him a 17 CON and 16 DEX.

The second set would make an excellent Mage, as taking the first 12 for gold would line up the 16 with INT.

The third set is quite average and can be safely discarded.

I will dwell on it today and give you an answer later this evening.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Return to “Character Generation”