Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:33 am

Re: Out Of Character

I don't think there is a house rule for longer term healing, so we fall back on the standard rule which is 1 die per week.

U&WA p35 (Healing Wounds) says: <<On the first day of complete rest no hit points will be regained, but every other day thereafter one hit point will be regained until the character is completely healed. This can take a long time>>.

Since a "campaign turn" is a week long, this means that 3 or 4 hp are alternatively re-gained each turn (each week). So that's an average of 3.5 hp per week, which is pretty much the same thing as one hit-die per week.

Of course, there is clerical/magical healing to throw into the mix also.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:41 am

Speaking of "house rules" it has been over a year since the last house rules overhaul, so I think it's time I did some gardening.

Stay tuned...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by The Red Baron » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:19 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Right O! Well it's been so long between drinks it might be worth a quick re-read of the most recent (albeit now ancient) char gen house rules.

Given a quick skim thru it, I'd also push the illusionist as a viable option.

Head over to the priomordial ooze area Sully... the dice await...
Playtesting @ ODD74 indicated that the ventriloquism spell's duration of "any number of times during one day" was probably excessively powerful.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by The Red Baron » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:21 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:that's an average of 3.5 hp per week, which is pretty much the same thing as one hit-die per week.
that's also in line with "one hit point per every two days of rest" which I believe is the rate given in the lbbs, (I'm a little rusty on the rules though).
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:22 pm

I'm glad the game's back up and running! :D

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Welcome back Red Baron... good to see you

I agree re: illusionist. I am planning to do a formal overhaul to update the class to V5. Perhaps if someone were to play one (here or in my other games) it might motivate some haste...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:34 pm

Hey team, I've been having some hardware issues recently; my desktop PC is randomly shutting itself down while in use. Possibly, it's a problem with the power supply or cooling... not sure. I'm on the hunt for a fix. Meanwhile, please bear with me...

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:36 am

Hope you get that sorted out soon WOTE. You know we will be here until then.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:37 am

Hey team, I've got myself a cheap(-ish) notebook computer off ebay; I should be able to push onward shortly...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 am

Belated happy Easter all!

I've been interstate over the Easter weekend with family, but now I'm back.
Tomorrow morning at 5am I head interstate again for the week for work, but I'm sure I will be able to make a few posts on the road. I sense a "challenging" scenario is right around the corner...

Return to “Hinterlands”