Should this game be continued?

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Should this game be continued?

The posting on this game is glacially slow, and always has been. I guess I need to know if we should shut down the game, or keep it going at the "every two or three weeks something happens" pace

Maybe the dungeon is too boring - not engaging people?

or is this forum an issue - one too many forums to check? I know Fin would be happy to let me host on ODD74 if people prefer that

I also have my own forum at makofan.lefora.com where I run my Pendragon campaigns, and my Mazes & Minotaurs game. I would be happy to host it there

Post by merias » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Re: Should this game be continued?

It is a bit too slow for me, I find it hard to keep track of what has happened between posts. I don't mind multiple forums, I am in or run games in several right now. My suspicion is the format (mega-dungeon style with lots of options at each turn) coupled with player-only mapping slowed things down quite a bit - don't get me wrong - riftstone's maps are _awesome_, but at least for me I find PbP flows better when the ref posts smaller, inline maps as the game progresses. That way I can read back through the posts and see what has happened and where the party is relatively quickly. More work for the ref for sure, but easier for the players to catch up after a few days off.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by Makofan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:55 pm

That's a good point about player maps. I am the mapper in one on-line game, and it is a chore. In my Verbosh games on the OD&D board I am doing the mapping for the players, and they move at a fairly good pace. I agree, riftstone's maps are beautiful. Thanks for the input

Post by coffee » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:02 pm

I like the game, myself, but it does seem a bit slow sometimes. On the other hand, I'm in a fair number of games already, so when one of them slows down it gives me more time for the others.

I guess I'm saying I could go either way.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Vile » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Hmm, 'glacially slow' is one of the points that sold me on this game. ;)

I see the point about maps, but in this case the maps are great so that's not a factor I think. In the end it's down to player posting frequency.

Post by Makofan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Well, this game does not demand a lot of my time, so I am willing to keep running it

Post by riftstone » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:48 am

The mapping is fun! Takes me a while, though, since I can only do it once I get home and have a small block of time. I don't mind, but I do get behind sometimes. Thank you for the kind words!

Also, would you like me to try to post small sections of the map in the adventure thread?

Post by Makofan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:54 pm

riftstone wrote:The mapping is fun! Takes me a while, though, since I can only do it once I get home and have a small block of time. I don't mind, but I do get behind sometimes. Thank you for the kind words!

Also, would you like me to try to post small sections of the map in the adventure thread?
Give it a try, see how it works

Post by coffee » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:10 pm

riftstone wrote:Thank you for the kind words!
I'd like to add my kind words to theirs. Your maps are awesome! I really appreciate the time and effort you put in.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”