Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:59 am

Re: Out Of Character

Hey team, sorry for lack of update over the weekend; sick child, weary parents. Update coming...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:00 am

waysoftheearth wrote:Hey team, sorry for lack of update over the weekend; sick child, weary parents. Update coming...
No worries, WOTE. We all know family comes first, as it should.

As an aside, are you waiting on anyone in (080)? Do we need an action from someone?
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:06 am

Nope, we're all good; planning to update 080 tonight :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 pm

The astute player may have noticed that I'm attempting to track elapsed time spent in ten-minute dungeon exploration turns vs. one-minute combat turns. While this is not strictly necessary ("turns" should be enough) I'm hoping it will help me to keep the two groups in sync with one-another ;)

p.s. It seems to be a recurring feature of this game that the party will always split up. Does this happen in other PBP games too?

Post by Eris » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:29 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:The astute player may have noticed that I'm attempting to track elapsed time spent in ten-minute dungeon exploration turns vs. one-minute combat turns. While this is not strictly necessary ("turns" should be enough) I'm hoping it will help me to keep the two groups in sync with one-another ;)

p.s. It seems to be a recurring feature of this game that the party will always split up. Does this happen in other PBP games too?
Yes, and it gets their PC's killed in those games, too. :)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by sully » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:39 pm

As far as why we split up, I suspect there are a couple of reasons.

One, we have a large enough party that it's a little "safer" to split up. Two teams of six doesn't seem so bad. Of course, what we have right now is two teams of four :shock: , which is much less safe.

Two, we are not organized at all. It's hard to come to a consensus when half the party posts within a day or two of WOTE's posts and the other half posts a week later. Me personally, I like the flexibility of not having to wait around for the once-a-week crowd but it does make for more dangerous encounters.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:09 am

For once, my character was not the direct cause of this split! I'm getting better!

Big parties can cope just fine in open environs.

But when the party is big enough that the trailing party members can't enter a room because it is full, or the combat is done before they can even see there was any action, then yeah, a split is more likely to occur.

just my thoughts, anyway...
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by heartless » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:06 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:The astute player may have noticed that I'm attempting to track elapsed time spent in ten-minute dungeon exploration turns vs. one-minute combat turns. While this is not strictly necessary ("turns" should be enough) I'm hoping it will help me to keep the two groups in sync with one-another ;)

We appreciate your attention to detail, as it makes the game run so well!
Thanks.

Yes we always seem to split up and try to get killed instead of staying together, its crazy! I guess its one of those laws of gaming that is bound to happen with groups of players. :lol:
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Ehiker, I want to switch the ranger brief over to the play-test beta for Leudigar after the imminent encounter. So you'll need fewer XP for 2nd level.

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:11 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Ehiker, I want to switch the ranger brief over to the play-test beta for Leudigar after the imminent encounter. So you'll need fewer XP for 2nd level.
Sounds good!

Assuming he doesn't die, of course... there is always that chance to consider.

Return to “Hinterlands”