Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by coffee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Delve the First

Rhod will turn toward the other rooms at the sound of the scream. How far does the darkness cover? Is he still in light?

More importantly, can he understand what they're all yelling about? As to who is the bad guy here, at least?
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Makofan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Rhod is outside the magical darkness, but as he was depending on the lights from the torches now extinguished, he is in non-magical darkness and can see nothing. Basically, all of a sudden the lights went out, but he does not know why

Post by riftstone » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:04 pm

| Ah, I understand now. We are way outside our marching order - total chaos even before this happened! My apologies, Makofan. I didn't realize how much we were out of order until I looked back at the official marching order. I am ok with Serech in the mirror room and thus in the darkness. |

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:33 pm

| Okay, so we have Lawernce, Serech, Golguldir, Archie and Ackman all in the mirror room with Blas, all in a magical darkness.

I recommend that everyone there jumps on Blas the instant he utters his darkness spell. With four or five on one, we should be able to overbear him relatively easily; his AC won't count and we won't risk hitting each other with weapons or spells. One of us might get crunched by his mace, but that is a risk anyway.

Meanwhile, Rhod (in the sawdust room) only needs to block Blas from escaping that way. Gunther and Oldtin (in the checkerboard room) only need to block Blas from escaping that way.

What say you all? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by riftstone » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:16 am

| I thought we still needed to make a to hit roll? Wouldn't that imply his AC still mattered? |

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:43 am

| I think it will depend somewhat on what Blas does, and then how Mako handles it... but you're right, some (or possibly even all?) of us would require a hit roll if Blas was fighting armed, in which case his AC would still matter. On the otherhand, I'd be surprised if Blas could attack everyone in all directions at once! |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by merias » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:09 pm

| Oldtin wouldn't necessarily know Blas was the culprit, just that Het died and then the darkness spell...so he'll stay where he is, waiting to see what happens or what he can hear before he moves. |
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by Makofan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:49 pm

I would like statements of intent from Lawrence and Serech before I proceed

Post by riftstone » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Serech will attempt to overbear/grapple Blas.

Post by Brumbar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:28 pm

My post from wednesday was that if i could swing at belt high at Blas i would, assuming i was close enough, which i was trying to do. I would not think i would have time to discuss options.

It would be my gut reactions and Lawrences instincts
Last edited by Brumbar on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”