Delve the First

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Post by Makofan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Delve the First

There are two drawers on the right hand side underneath the desk. The desktop itself is empty except for a quill pen and ink bottle

Post by coffee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:02 pm

"My name is Rhod," the man says. "And the goblins didn't kill me -- they swarmed me." He pauses, and thinks for a moment.

"I may have been in my cups, truth to tell. There was this cheerless bloke, with the most incredible piercing blue eyes. He had gold and I had a thirst, and the next thing I knew I was outside and there were goblins all over me. After that, I woke up here (wherever here is). They've been prodding me for information, since I speak Goblin, claiming they'd return me gear and let me go. But I'd have to betray me own kind, as if that would ever happen!"

As he speaks, he gathers up his gear and gets ready to join the party.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Golguldir gives Rhod a sweeping bow. "Your assistance and your company will be greatly enjoyed, I'm sure,"

Turning back to the desk he gives the drawers a dubious frown, | I normally wouldn't touch anything with only 1 hp, but in the interest of keeping things moving... | then carefully prises the drawers open with the point of his dagger...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Makofan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:51 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Golguldir gives Rhod a sweeping bow. "Your assistance and your company will be greatly enjoyed, I'm sure,"

Turning back to the desk he gives the drawers a dubious frown, | I normally wouldn't touch anything with only 1 hp, but in the interest of keeping things moving... | then carefully prises the drawers open with the point of his dagger...
There is a small, cheaply made, green book in the bottom drawer

Post by merias » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Oldtin nods to Rhod in silent acceptance and keeps an eye on the door while the room is searched.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by sully » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Het walks over to the chest and examines it closely. He's looking for discolored needles in the area of the lock, and concealed panels on the front that might slide open and fire darts or spew poison gas at him.

Hand me that key. After I check this thing out, I'll see if the key unlocks it.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Makofan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:21 pm

sully wrote:Het walks over to the chest and examines it closely. He's looking for discolored needles in the area of the lock, and concealed panels on the front that might slide open and fire darts or spew poison gas at him.

Hand me that key. After I check this thing out, I'll see if the key unlocks it.
Het's careful searching and keen eyes allow him to spot a suspicious looking tiny hole a hair to the right of the lock, just about where a person's hand would be if he was truing to pick the lock

Post by sully » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Het will cover the hole with the blade of his short sword while he turns the key in the lock (assuming someone gave it to him).
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Makofan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:13 pm

As Het opens the chest, he hears a small metallic click as if something hit his sword. He looks down and sees a brownish needle that would have pricked his hand. The chest contents are a few handfuls of gold coins, probably between two and three hundred, he estimates

Post by sully » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Het oohs and aahs. That's the most gold I've ever seen in one place before. I'm rich!

He spins around and looks at the others.

Uh, I mean, we're rich! Can someone help me carry all of this?

Once the chest has been emptied out, Het will compare the relative volume of the inside of the chest to the outside, looking to see if there's a false bottom or side. He will reach in with the point of his short sword and try to pry up the bottom of the chest and make sure he's not missing any secret panels. Same thing with the sides of the chest and the top of the lid.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”